• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Living in Dawsonville

I live in Gainesville, not far from there, but, Oprah is supposedly buying up Dawson county property with the hopes of building low income housing, when the feds take over local zoning. Just a note. True or not? Who knows...

Oprah only buys mansions with acreage . She does not deal in low income housing or building projects.

Outsiders will eventually ruin it

They already are I lived there 10 years in Dawsonville that is. We move a little further north on 30 acres and really wish we had more land. To many people I might pick up and move states completely to a less populated more conservative better 2a rights dtate..

Op if you move up this way don't spread what you fled. Gun shot/ target practice happen people with rifles on 4wheelers driving down the shoulder are normal don't call the cops. No safe spaces up here.

Oprah only buys mansions with acreage . She does not deal in low income housing or building projects.

You couldn't be more wrong. She bought up tons up propert in Dawsonville and wanted to build section 8 housing but was shot down because there needs to be 1 single family dwelling per acre. Oprah wanted row housing for the low rents. As long as local statutes stand we will be safe.

If you're looking to escape city life, Dawsonville is not your answer.

It's as big (and growing FAST) as most other places.
This. By the time you get settled in, it'll be ruined and overun with city-iots. If you're looking to "get away", I'd suggest not moving close to anyplace with an outlet mall. Anything up 400 or 575 is starting to be hit with this problem. Maybe try up 75? Unless of course, your super loaded and can buy up enough land to have the privacy your after. In that case, its a beautiful place to live!

Back
Top Bottom