• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Little Help, Which Form to get for Tax Stamp Class III

H-D rider

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
I have been all over ATF site and read all the forms on there, My neck hurts from using my Bi-focal to see the dang screen. They started running together on me. I think its the ATF 5030.1 form but not sure. All I am trying to do is apply for the 200.00 stamp so I can get a suppressor and SB Shotgun. Any Help would be great, I know allot of you have been through this process and let me know what to expect. I already know it will be a long 7 month wait but Hey, maybe I'll still be around till then.

Buy the can first, the dealer will give you the form 4 to send in. If you want to buy an already made sbs, then do the same. If you want to make a sbs then it is a form 1. If you want to make your own can then form 1 as well.

Buy the can first, the dealer will give you the form 4 to send in. If you want to buy an already made sbs, then do the same. If you want to make a sbs then it is a form 1. If you want to make your own can then form 1 as well.
Not sure what you mean by Form 1, Is this it? Thanks ATF F 5320.1 (Form 1) - Application to make and Register a Firearm. I plan to make my own stuff

One thing to consider if this is your first time. Set up a trust and buy/document your items in the trust name. Many benefits, very little trouble. It eliminates a couple of the prerequisites and any trustee can be in possession of the items. Mine was created with some freeware online. I must confess my dealer did most of the work so I can't be much more specific but I have three items on it so far with no problems.

One thing to consider if this is your first time. Set up a trust and buy/document your items in the trust name. Many benefits, very little trouble. It eliminates a couple of the prerequisites and any trustee can be in possession of the items. Mine was created with some freeware online. I must confess my dealer did most of the work so I can't be much more specific but I have three items on it so far with no problems.
Very Good Idea, Thanks for the tidpit of info.

The above posts are correct.

If you are making it, fill out the form 1, pay $200 tax, and wait for approval, then build.

If you are buying, purchase the item, fill out form 4, pay $200 tax, wait for approval, go pick up.

Back
Top Bottom