• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liberty Centurion 30 Gun Safe

Depending on how many guns you have I'd just wait and get the Winchester safe from TSC. I have it and its a really good safe. Probably worth saving the $150 or so. TSC will have a limited number but you can also get a raincheck.

It would be good enough if it were the 30 gun safe for $699 but I don't think it is. The best I've seen lately in the "barely adequate" range is at home depot:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stack-On-22-Gun-Matte-Black-Combination-Lock-Safe-SS-22-MB-C-DS/202996374

It is a 30 gun safe. I've compared it to the 24 gun Winchester and it seems like it has a ton of extra space. I don't need that additional space right now but down the road it might be nice. I do like the better fire rating over the Winchester. I'm just not sure if the additional space is worth the extra $200. Also, the 30 gun safe will have to go in the basement vs. the 24 gun I could put upstairs in my closet.

It is a 30 gun safe. I've compared it to the 24 gun Winchester and it seems like it has a ton of extra space. I don't need that additional space right now but down the road it might be nice. I do like the better fire rating over the Winchester. I'm just not sure if the additional space is worth the extra $200. Also, the 30 gun safe will have to go in the basement vs. the 24 gun I could put upstairs in my closet.

Check out the specs. The Winchester has more cubic feet, 22.5 vs 17.8. Also anyone that knows safes know that you aint getting 30 or 24 guns in those safes respectively so 6 gun extra is more like 1 gun.

I'm sure you do. I could imagine that each store would have a limited stock and they'd go fairly quick. There might be an option to order online and pick up in store? That would be sweet.

i cant imagine fighting over someone with a safe.....i mean could you imagine trying to tear the safe out of another persons arms and make it out the door?

(im kidding)

Check out the specs. The Winchester has more cubic feet, 22.5 vs 17.8. Also anyone that knows safes know that you aint getting 30 or 24 guns in those safes respectively so 6 gun extra is more like 1 gun.

Actually the Winchester safe is around 14 cubic feet. Winchester uses the exterior dimensions to calculate the volume vs Liberty using the internal dimensions. I know I won't be able to store anywhere close to 24 guns in either safe. That is part of the reason I'm considering the large safe. At this point I only have a couple longs guns and a couple hand guns but do plan to expand the collection. I need to get something soon with having young kids in the house that are getting more mobile and curious.

Actually the Winchester safe is around 14 cubic feet. Winchester uses the exterior dimensions to calculate the volume vs Liberty using the internal dimensions. I know I won't be able to store anywhere close to 24 guns in either safe. That is part of the reason I'm considering the large safe. At this point I only have a couple longs guns and a couple hand guns but do plan to expand the collection. I need to get something soon with having young kids in the house that are getting more mobile and curious.

Actually they are both around the same size.

Liberty: 55x16x31.5

Win: 55.5x16x27.25

Those are internal dimensions.

12 gauge body steel, completely composite door, three sides of bolts, just over an hour fire rating...

No thanks.

Unless you are willing to spend 3K- 5k on a real UL Burglary safe, you can group most everything else the same residental security container (RSC). Not much differnce in 14, 12 or 10 ga exterior. A theif will be able to get it open. And even the fire ratings are not reliable as most are not U.L. rated, and if a fire happens your guns are toast literally. The fire ratings are designed to keep the internal temp below 350 F and it does so steaming off the moisture in the fire proof dry wall. So anything inside is getting a 350 F steam bath. There are real security safes out there that are real UL Burglary, theft rated and none of Liberty safes are. All of Liberty's safes are just beffed upped RSC's. It's a long read but check out this threadyou can learn more than you want about safes http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_6_46/401046_Questions_for_AMSEC_TheSafeGuy.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom