• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lets talk fleas

The drops like Frontline and Bayer Advantage work great (make sure you get them on the skin and not on the fur as best you can). They are expensive but worth every penny. We have a dog and three cats and live on a lake with lots of wildlife and these drops have saved our pets (from me killing them...). They take a few days to kick in but once they do you'll notice the fleas look drunk and are moving very slowly. You do still need to treat the yard, house, etc. but the drops will save your pet.

Yep sounds like @biskypilot is in the business and knows what he is talking about. You can either do as we suggested or from one of the greatest movies of all time... You can " take off and nuke the whole site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure."

I am. DCO / service manager out in the Lawrenceville area. Every flea job I've been to in the last 10 years that has failed is almost always because people think there is some magic spray that fixes everything so they don't vacuum or don't get proper treatment on the animals. IF you do just the animals and vacuum the fleas will go away without chemical intervention. Just takes longer.

I just got what available at Wally World, never had to deal with these things before. I've had dogs but my long hair just got infested before I knew what had a happened. I seen him scratching and flip him over to find out he's covered. I'll be buying some Trifexis tomorrow and hopefully knock this problem out.

You're going to have to go to a vet to get Trifexis, Nexguard, or Bravecto. The chewable flea meds arent available "over the counter", but they work fast and they are simple. I'm not a fan of any kind of "topical" flea treatments (and yes, I've tried almost every one of them including Frontline Plus and Advantage) because they are messy, don't work very well if you dont get it all the way down to the skin (which can be difficult on dogs with thick hair), and some of them smell a little odd.

Seven dust in the carpet let it sit for a day then vacuum it up

Treat the outside with a big bug sprayer that hooks up to the water hose and wash it all over the place.

As far as a bath goes,the green Dawn dish washing liquid detergent will kill fleas,and won't hurt you.

We have found the above to be extremely effective both in costs and results.

We use the collars from Seresto on our little dogs and they work great. For some reason, they were not as good on the big dogs, so we give them the Nexguard. I spray the yard with a liquid bug spray from Lowe's once every other month in the summer, no fleas or ticks.

I have been fighting this scourge of the earth for a few weeks now. My dog has been in agony. Flea bath 3 times a week, washing all the dog blankets at about the same rate. I have applied Pet armor a few weeks back and it only seemed to to empower the little bastards. I have shaved all his the hair with my clippers down to 1/8th of an inch so I could see them and kill em. Rented a carpet cleaner hoping to get what could be in the carpet. What else could I do and what flea medications do yall use?

you have to treat the dog, the carpets, the bedding but you also have to treat your yard or he will get a new crop every time he goes out...plus they will jump on you and ride into the house...i forget the name, but there is an ortho brand you put out with a lawn spreader that works great...

I have been fighting this scourge of the earth for a few weeks now. My dog has been in agony. Flea bath 3 times a week, washing all the dog blankets at about the same rate. I have applied Pet armor a few weeks back and it only seemed to to empower the little bastards. I have shaved all his the hair with my clippers down to 1/8th of an inch so I could see them and kill em. Rented a carpet cleaner hoping to get what could be in the carpet. What else could I do and what flea medications do yall use?
Been using Revolution on our dogs and cat for 12 years and have never found a flea on them. My daughter uses Trifexis on hers with similar results. Although both of these are heartworm medications, they also kill fleas and some other internal worms.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Treat your yard
If you don't kill the source then the battle is lost. Flea control on pets is designed to kill the few that come in with them after they bite the animal. The source is outside. Treat the yard aggressively. If you control them outside they won't be in your house.

Back
Top Bottom