Let's talk BBQ sauce.

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
I'm going to be trying out some sauce recipes and am looking for some suggestions.
I'm not really into the tomato/ketchup sweet but I do like a Carolina mustard and vinegar sauces.
I ain't eating nothing with mayonaise.

Anybody have a favorite recipe they're willing to share?

You aint gotta go to all that trouble. Just get the quart jar of Mrs. Griffith's. It's a good tangy Carolina style good on erry'thing and made right up the road in the Demcratic Republic of Macongo.
I'll put it on the list. I've been using the Braswells mustard which I like but I'm on the quest for the perfect BBQ sauce (for me).

I'll put it on the list. I've been using the Braswells mustard which I like but I'm on the quest for the perfect BBQ sauce (for me).
My old man had a good Carolina style suce but 1. It died with with him . 2. The recipe was for about 5 gallons.
But yeah I prefer the tangy mustardy Carolina style over the Kansas City style. Maybe if you could combine the 2. I like the thickness of the KC but not att the sweet part. Carolina style is thinner and needs to be brushed on more often.

My brother's mustard bbq. Dont be scared of the amount of sugar it's not sweet.

Attachments

• 661291845.jpg
    661291845.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 59
I'm going to be trying out some sauce recipes and am looking for some suggestions.
I'm not really into the tomato/ketchup sweet but I do like a Carolina mustard and vinegar sauces.
I ain't eating nothing with mayonaise.

Anybody have a favorite recipe they're willing to share?

You aint gotta go to all that trouble. Just get the quart jar of Mrs. Griffith's. It's a good tangy Carolina style good on erry'thing and made right up the road in the Demcratic Republic of Macongo.
I like Mrs. Griffith's Sweet for pork loin/chops and chicken. Cattleman's Tangy Carolina Mustard is good too.

When I lived in SC I always hated on the mustard based bbq, now being back in Georgia. I actually miss it and maybe even prefer it. I usually use regular yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, Worcester, pepper, chipotle chili powder, little garlic powder and since I don't do sugar a no sugar added ketchup and some keto friendly sweetener. Would probably be better with a lil brown sugar or regular sugar though

We keep a variety of stubs stuff at the house, but my personal opinion is that sauce is only used on poorly smoked meat.

If you see me putting sauce on, then the meat is trash.
The lighter the better, a sauce should complement the flavor not smother it.
That's one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of tomato sauces.

Back
Top Bottom