• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let's hear the 'budget' firearms you'd recommend.

For stuff that is still affordable today:
Pistol: Canik
Shotgun: Mossberg Maverick or Stevens 320
Rifle: Thompson Center Compass

None of those would be my favorites by any stretch but functional budget choices

Mossberg = USA made
Stevens = China made (320 budget gun)

for myself, I would vote for USA made instead of something from China...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruger AR556. It comes with a Cold Hammered Forged barrel. You will certainly get more rounds out of it and Ruger is not really a slouch company. A good CHF barrel will cost 300 + bucks.

Hipoint c9 pistol is my recommendation for those just needing a home defense tool, it’s ugly but it works.

a used mosseberg 500 or maverick 88 for shotgun

The Ruger AR 556 MPR is 849 at Cabela's. It has free float hand guard and l9oks like a great little rifle for the money. The CHF barrel is the kicker not to mention the free float guard witch is absent on the very cheapest rifles.

The Ruger AR 556 MPR is 849 at Cabela's. It has free float hand guard and l9oks like a great little rifle for the money. The CHF barrel is the kicker not to mention the free float guard witch is absent on the very cheapest rifles.

Before the panic buying these were going for about $600. As soon as November drew near they shot up to $900 (when I got mine), and now they are going for $1100-1200. I agree, though, it’s a nice, nice rifle. If you can get it for under $1k you won.

Back
Top Bottom