• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let’s talk about indoor ranges.

I have been through the Atlanta area more times than I wish. Every time I’m there I cannot wrap my head around how anyone can live a decent life in that place. I truly feel bad for those stuck up there. Maybe there’s more to it and I’m too simple to comprehend what it is but I would make a deal with the devil twice to leave that place.
Which is why we just bought 17 acres out in the middle of nowhere. I'll walk out my back door and pop off a few rounds whenever the hell I like...

Which is why we just bought 17 acres out in the middle of nowhere. I'll walk out my back door and pop off a few rounds whenever the hell I like...
yep same here. I live in a good neighborhood with huge lots, as long as you are safe no one really cares here as well. Even local sheriffs office dont even bother you. Never liked indoor ranges, never will. Forgot last time i went to an indoor range.

For me, I'm looking at the closest I feel safe in. I'm there to shoot, not rent, buy, browse, or get something worked on. Your needs may vary but that's what I look at. I've seen the climate change at my favorite ranges to the point I almost stop going. I don't stay if it's super crowded or infested with rats.

I'm also the guy that will clear the range by taking off the suppressor and mag-dumping until everyone leaves.

Warn't let me shoot no tin cans I been savin' up, got mad when I hit the target holder, twicet, didn't like me shootin' tracer rounds in thar, you know. Usual stuff. Wouldn't even let me blow up my laptop with Tannerite. No fun t'all.

I miss going to an indoor range easily after work or for a quick visit to just run a mag or two for testing. I'm looking at a different range than I've been using.

I've been using range #4.

Here are the top options:

Range 1
4.5 miles about 15 minutes
16 lanes @25yds and 8 @25 meter
All lanes rifle rated
Full service store
Poor customer service
Tends to get hood rats
3 guest passes a year
Open until 9:00 during the week
$35 transfers
Very busy, having to wait is normal
$480 a year or $50 fee + $40 month

Range 2
4.5 miles about 15 minutes
10 lanes @15yds and 10 @25yds
All lanes rifle rated
No store
Very friendly staff
A few hood rats from time to time, but are normally shut down by staff
Guests welcome at any time with member
Open until 8:00 during the week
$20 transfers
Steady, but I’ve never waited more than 10 minutes
$425 per year

Range 3
22.5 miles about 25 minutes if no traffic, 35 with traffic
11 lanes @ 25yds (pistol or pistol calibers only) 2 lanes @ 25 yards rife rated
Full service store w/gunsmith
Friendly staff
A few hood rats from time to time
Gusts pay normally hourly range fee
Transfer fee unknown
Normally not too busy
$25 per month

Range 4
25 miles about 35 minutes can be more in traffic
24 lanes @ 25yds all rifle rated
Full service store w/gunsmith
Friendly staff
No hood rats/strict range officers
Guests pay normal hourly range rate
$25 transfers
Can get busy, esp when the city/county/IDPA/GSSF/classes etc are using an 8 lane bay.
$40 per month
Was looking for a pa 3x micro prism & city arsenal in Greenville was the only place that had one. The reviews on customer Svc. weren’t great & they just had a range incident where someone just needed to rent one bullet like several here so did not make the 2 hr. drive. Another reason I just stay home & stare at my stuff & never shoot.

Attachments

• F73CBB72-4A36-46CC-BB0E-8047B870945A.png
    F73CBB72-4A36-46CC-BB0E-8047B870945A.png
    742.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 16643F2E-9AA7-4CFD-9836-39B824AA9330.png
    16643F2E-9AA7-4CFD-9836-39B824AA9330.png
    675.2 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom