• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

It's a Browning 1955. Essentially it's a 1910, but post 1968 due to the GCA where a pistol had to have enough "points" to be "sporting" enough for approval to import into the US hence the out of place target style sights along with the grips with thumb rests on it.

There it is. You’re up.

lf~2.jpeg

It's a Browning 1955. Essentially it's a 1910, but post 1968 due to the GCA where a pistol had to have enough "points" to be "sporting" enough for approval to import into the US hence the out of place target style sights along with the grips with thumb rests on it.

Is the Browning 10/71 a different gun, just an alternative name for the model 1955?

I see a lot of guns that look like this called the model 1971 Target or 10/71 (since the model 71 is basically a variation of the Model of 1910).

Is the Browning 10/71 a different gun, just an alternative name for the model 1955?

I see a lot of guns that look like this called the model 1971 Target or 10/71 (since the model 71 is basically a variation of the Model of 1910).
You are right. It's a 10/71. I looked up the 1955, but the 10/71 is the one with the adjustable sights. The 1955 from my understanding is like the model 1922 which is a longer and taller FN 1910.

Griswold & Gunnison, .36 cal Confederate pistol used during the Civil War.
It looks a lot like a couple different models of Colts, but it can't be a Colt due to the combination of a round barrel and brass frame.

This particular specimen looks like it's had a repair-- strut or brace piece added to strengthen the joint between the brass frame and the steel barrel assembly.

B6A9BC0C-746B-4A85-913B-8FB03B960565.jpeg

Griswold & Gunnison, .36 cal Confederate pistol used during the Civil War.
It looks a lot like a couple different models of Colts, but it can't be a Colt due to the combination of a round barrel and brass frame.

This particular specimen looks like it's had a repair-- strut or brace piece added to strengthen the joint between the brass frame and the steel barrel assembly.

View attachment 3460892
You are correct.

Back
Top Bottom