LEO banned at Dennys (In one of the Communist State)

I sure hope they don't need a police officer in the near future!

This^

That Denny's manager was a DA. We give all first responders a 50% discount when they frequent our restaurant. We even have LEO's from neighboring jurisdictions dine with us occasionally. We do this intentionally, not only to pay them back for all they do for us, but also so they don't have any problem finding our restaurant when we need them.

And you and your firearm are welcome as well.

Tyranny is defined by what is legal for the government is not legal for the citizens. Maybe the manager was making a statement? Illinois is one of the states where carrying a loaded gun will get you a go-to-jail card no questions asked. Those detectives would have gladly slapped the cuffs on anyone doing so. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

This^

That Denny's manager was a DA. We give all first responders a 50% discount when they frequent our restaurant. We even have LEO's from neighboring jurisdictions dine with us occasionally. We do this intentionally, not only to pay them back for all they do for us, but also so they don't have any problem finding our restaurant when we need them.

And you and your firearm are welcome as well.

Which resturant are you at?

Last edited:
Ok so 2013 - more of the same non-news being fed to us so we can keep on hating.
  1. Stupid manager does something without thinking -- that violates company policy.
  2. Store GM apologizes for the incident.
  3. Police Department pitches a hissy fit, say they never going to eat at Denny's again!
  4. Conservative press tells us it is big deal
  5. Chat rooms around the country get fired up!
  6. Police calm down and realize, oops! -- "we really like to eat at Denny's" -- so the next day lift the ban they put on themselves.
  7. Everything back to normal -- (except those fired up in the chat rooms)

Tyranny is defined by what is legal for the government is not legal for the citizens. Maybe the manager was making a statement? Illinois is one of the states where carrying a loaded gun will get you a go-to-jail card no questions asked. Those detectives would have gladly slapped the cuffs on anyone doing so. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

How's that managers job working out for ya?:D

Ok so 2013 - more of the same non-news being fed to us so we can keep on hating.
  1. Stupid manager does something without thinking -- that violates company policy.
  2. Store GM apologizes for the incident.
  3. Police Department pitches a hissy fit, say they never going to eat at Denny's again!
  4. Conservative press tells us it is big deal
  5. Chat rooms around the country get fired up!
  6. Police calm down and realize, oops! -- "we really like to eat at Denny's" -- so the next day lift the ban they put on themselves.
  7. Everything back to normal -- (except those fired up in the chat rooms)

Boom. Well said.

BS. You can get a permit, but they are hard to get in some/most parts of Ill. Most of Ill is rural and guns are not that big a deal. The detectives were on duty, how is that tyranny? The people of Ill are happy with their choices or they would not keep electing the politicians that pass these laws.

BS. You can get a permit, but they are hard to get in some/most parts of Ill. Most of Ill is rural and guns are not that big a deal. The detectives were on duty, how is that tyranny? The people of Ill are happy with their choices or they would not keep electing the politicians that pass these laws.

Ken, I lived in Illinois. As a matter of fact I lived in Belleville. I had two encounters with the Belleville Police and both were professional and positive.

A private citizen can get a FOID (Firearm Owner's Identification Card), but NOT a permit to carry. Check into it if you don't believe me. It's illegal, pure and simple. Reread my post, I'm not accusing the detectives of tyranny. If it's ok for the police, why not the citizens?

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-laws/illinois.aspx

It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one’s land or in one’s abode or fixed place of business. It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm on or about one’s person upon any public street, alley, or other public lands within the corporate limits of a city, village, or incorporated town, except when: an invitee thereon or therein; for the purpose of the display of firearms or the lawful commerce in firearms; or when on one’s land or in one’s abode or fixed place of business

Back
Top Bottom