• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lenox or Trane

I KNOW I’m going to get pushback but Goodman’s have fit the bill for me. Materials have gone up quite a bit but I’ve had tons of systems installed over the years and only have had a handful that had issues.
My wifes uncles was a hvac repair guy. He swore Goodman's were the ones he rarely got service calls for and the only brand he'd ever own

Had a Trane for over 25 years until the maintenance technician broke the mercury switch. Got a nice discount and decided to replace the unit. By then, they had switched to Lennox, so Lennox for the past 9 years. Have had an annual maintenance contract on each unit since day one. Thanks.

I look at goodmans as the psa of hvac world, I’ve been impressed with runtru which is basically a plain Jane trane made by trane. Lennox is decent but sometimes parts take a minute to get. Bryant is a generic carrier

If money wasn’t too much of an option I’d go trane or runtru and up to 16 seer but no higher

Filter changes; pre-summer check up by pro; pre-winter checkup by pro; if heat pump - prayers on a very thick rug. :becky:
eh my heat pump has maintained 74 degrees heat without issue, but their is no heat like a gas furnace

Which hvac system would yall choose these days?

I have heard some brands have real problems, and others are vastly better-but can’t recall
I’ve owned both. Previous new home had two Trane units. Both had service calls twice in the first 3 years. They say nothing can stop a Trane. Well, a cheap 2$ part can and the evaporator core had to be replaced at year 5. Fast forward to current home. Old Lenox unit downstairs and new Lenox unit upstairs. Been here since Oct 2020. Never had to call for any repairs on them.

Goodmans and Amana are the same I believe. Its what i have. Good so far. 175 a year maintenance contract. Lifetime compressor warranty.
The Japanese bought them all, and now they have Japanese technology and they brought in a very nice equipment called “Daikin” to compete with Lennox, Carrier & Trane. As someone posted here, “take care of your system, keep it in good maintenance and don’t fall for the scam called ‘You need a tune up’ ”lol…

Back
Top Bottom