Legality of firing a .22 in my back yard

Again, that is why I told him to check with his local PD. The laws change all the time. Which is why I told him to check with his local PD. Im not reseaching anything. I was told that a while back which was the law at that time. Before you do something you should check with your local PD to make sure everything is up to date.........

Are you saying it would be a good idea to check with local PD? Not sure... LOL

We get that all the time. It's amazing when how mad people get when you explain the law to them.

Then my favorite is follow up "But it's a HIGH POWERED rifle" LOL

I had someone call the police because of the slide fire I have. People swore it was a machine gun. I had to show the officer the ATF paper that came with the stock.

I had someone call the police because of the slide fire I have. People swore it was a machine gun. I had to show the officer the ATF paper that came with the stock.

We shoot Tannerite, SureShot targets, and my slidefire at my buddies house a few miles from me in Walton County and have never had a visit from deputies. We have had some serious shooting events there and not a peep. I shoot pistols in my backyard and have had one visit from a deputy. One of my neighbors called because she was worried about her grandkids playing in the yard and she didn't know what I was shooting at. The deputy looked at my range which is a backstop made of 40 sandbags surrounded by railroad crossties and decided I wasn't endangering anyone. That was 2 years ago and I haven't heard a thing since then.

We shoot Tannerite, SureShot targets, and my slidefire at my buddies house a few miles from me in Walton County and have never had a visit from deputies. We have had some serious shooting events there and not a peep. I shoot pistols in my backyard and have had one visit from a deputy. One of my neighbors called because she was worried about her grandkids playing in the yard and she didn't know what I was shooting at. The deputy looked at my range which is a backstop made of 40 sandbags surrounded by railroad crossties and decided I wasn't endangering anyone. That was 2 years ago and I haven't heard a thing since then.

Look where you live lol. Look where I live, people hear what sounds like a machine gun around here... It usually really is a machine gun. :)

Well 1 out of 2 ain't bad haha. Hard to keep up with all the changing laws. That's why I call pd when unsure about it.

Even calling local pd isn't a guarantee they know the law. They can get it wrong too. Or maybe they have a local law that actually is invalid because a state law overrules it (cities trying to block cc in their city/parks, for example).

Always interesting to read your local code. Come to find out the neighbor's kid that shot up my shed window was actually committing a misdemeanor as the county has a law against air rifles within 1500 feet of another residence. Parents fixed the window, so no hard feelings, and they no longer live there. But good to know in the future if I ever see any other people with air rifles in the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom