Legal Questions? - Get An Answer Here

I am dealing with Progessive insurance when the fault hit me head on, sending me and two year old to the ambulance. Progressive is denying the claim bc the fault couldn't remember what happen ? So I got an attorney to fix this bull**** with progressive.

Yeah I'm not really sure how they can just deny a claim when they are shown to be at fault by the governing police department that issues the citation. But hey, guess they gotta keep paying Flo on those stupid commercials.

Yeah I'm not really sure how they can just deny a claim when they are shown to be at fault by the governing police department that issues the citation. But hey, guess they gotta keep paying Flo on those stupid commercials.

Go back and read the answers I gave above.

The insurance company has no obligation to deal with you on any basis. It's only obligation is to it's insured with whom they have a contract. It's obligation to it's insured is spelled out in the contract, and expanded somewhat in court decisions. Very briefly stated, the two primary obligations of the insurance company on an automobile liability policy is to pay any JUDGMENTS rendered against it's insured (not "claims") and to not expose it's insured to unnecessary litigation. The only reason it settles any claim before judgment is because it's cheaper and more expeditious for them to do so.

So should it choose to do, they can tell you to go pound sand, because you are not its insured. You have no recourse against the company (you can't sue the company for any direct or consequential damages, no matter what it does.)

What they REALLY want you to do is file a claim with your insurance company, so that Progressive doesn't have to come up with any real money.

Go back and read the answers I gave above.

The insurance company has no obligation to deal with you on any basis. It's only obligation is to it's insured with whom they have a contract. It's obligation to it's insured is spelled out in the contract, and expanded somewhat in court decisions. Very briefly stated, the two primary obligations of the insurance company on an automobile liability policy is to pay any JUDGMENTS rendered against it's insured (not "claims") and to not expose it's insured to unnecessary litigation. The only reason it settles any claim before judgment is because it's cheaper and more expeditious for them to do so.

So should it choose to do, they can tell you to go pound sand, because you are not its insured. You have no recourse against the company (you can't sue the company for any direct or consequential damages, no matter what it does.)

What they REALLY want you to do is file a claim with your insurance company, so that Progressive doesn't have to come up with any real money.

Yeah no I get that. And that horsebleep. But, it is what it is I suppose. It'll get handled. I'm taking your earlier advice for a week or so ago and do my own foot work and then handle it from there. Let you know how it turns out.

Not sure if this belongs here or not but the first page says "contracts" and I'm guessing that buying a car might come under that. Question is, does somebody have any recourse if they bought a year 2000 car that show 80,000 miles on the dash and title but after having lots of problems with it, they ran the VIN and found out that in 2010 the car had 180,000 miles on it. They've had the car about 4 months now and it's been nothing but expense after expense. Thanks in advance.

If the previous owner new the car had 180,000 miles and misrepresented to them, yes.

Back
Top Bottom