Legal Questions? - Get An Answer Here

DEAN,
I have a chain link fence that my neighbor has tied onto. He has started dumping all his yard clippings and leaves against the back half and the pile has grown to almost two feet high and approx. 20 feet long. I feel this is attracting snakes and spiders and just looks bad. Do I have any recourse? I have spoken to him several times about this and now he is aggressive and very negative in his response.

My 1st thought is set a fire on my side of the fence and let it spread. How much trouble would I get in? My county allows burning leaves.

Thanks.

Last edited:
DEAN,
I have a chain link fence that my neighbor has tied onto. He has started dumping all his yard clippings and leaves against the back half and the pile has grown to almost two feet high and approx. 20 feet long. I feel this is attracting snakes and spiders and just looks bad. Do I have any recourse? I have spoken to him several times about this and now he is aggressive and very negative in his response.

My 1st thought is set a fire on my side of the fence and let it spread. How much trouble would I get in? My county allows burning leaves.

Thanks.

You could get in serious trouble for that. Your neighbor may be in violation of a county ordinance. Call your county's code enforcement officer. See what he has to say.

As soon as the warrant is issued all law enforcement is notified. Depending on how bad they want him, police could go after him immediately.

Thanks HD, reaching out to and couple of LEO's in that state. They want him bad from what I gather. Which is fine by me. Appreciate the answer.

DEAN,

Thanks.

You are absolutely liable for any damage your fire causes. If you feel comfortable accepting that liability go for it. Say th at fire runs across his yard and sets his deck or house afire. Your insurance company will not be amused, and being an intentional act, you may not ever be covered.

On his side of the fence he can do pretty much what he wants to, unless the fence is clearly off the line.

your fence may be on your side of the property line and not directly on the line; something you need to check
I set my fences one foot on the customers side

also even if the fence is one inch on your side; the fence is your fence, not his
it would be the same as if he piped leaves up against your house

also you own the open sky above your property line; if tree branches are hanging over on your side and causing a problem you can cut them back to your property line

Being under the age of 21 and over the age of 18 can I legally open carry an ar15 ? In the sweet ole state of Georgia
Yes, if you can legally own a long gun in the state of Georgia, you can also legally open carry it in public. (Assuming your AR-15 is a rifle and not a pistol) That being said, don't be that guy. People who open carry AR-15's in public are a nuisance. While it is your right, it does nothing but politicize the majority of people who don't own guns, but don't much care that others do. People who aren't "gun people" are more likely to favor stricter gun control when they are forced to shop among people carrying what they think of as "assault weapons" in public for no reason other than that they can do so, legally. It's nothing more than a stunt, for attention, by people who feel that the only way to celebrate a right is to exercise it in the most blatant fashion possible while not recognizing that doing so does nothing but imperil that right by polarizing the middle (people without strong opinions one way or the other about gun legislation). It gives us all a bad name and is, in my opinion, just plain douchey. Not trying to jump to conclusions about the reason for your question, nor am I assuming that your intent was to exercise your legally protected right in a manner which would reflect unfavorably on the gun owning public.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Georgia

Hi Dean,
My former employer is still using my signature on checks - both for payroll and accounts payable. I am still listed as having signing authority on several bank accounts. I have requested that they stop using my signature (built into the software) several times but they have not responded and continue to do so. What's my next step? I left there over a year ago.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom