• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal Question about Firearms

Ok. That's what I was wondering. I didn't think it could be considered "marital property"...at least I was hoping not. Nor did I think she could have firearms in her possession that were not in her name. The 30/30 is one he's had for years and years, so it's more sentimental than anything else because we can get another one anywhere. The H&K is supposedly a really nice one. I've never seen it. I don't know. I guess we will just have to spill more money into the lawyer to get them back.

Lol... unfortunately, they weren't lost to a pretty face, nor an awesome rack. She's old and wrinkly with cobwebs... yes, he left her for a younger women. Mwahahaha. She's 20 yrs my senior.... yuck

Has he tried asking nice? Maybe for the sentimental one? Some kind of trade off? The cost of attny and possibly going to court is probably more than the guns are worth. Might do as well to save the legal fees and buy new ones.

I have found that Mr Franklin is a great mediator in these cases. No woman likes to be traded in on a newer model and she may harbor some resentment. I know it sucks to buy your own item twice, but offer some cash.

Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned.....I know lol can you say goodnight guns. She prolly threw them in a river just for the hell of it! OOOh yea, lucky man tradin down 20 years lmao

Report them as stolen?

Do not do this. You will be arrested for false report of a crime. In NC possession post divorce is final, unless it was annotated in the divorce decree. (From Lexis Nexis).

It at this point, is a civil matter. You'll need to shell out money to get back tangible items. Unless these firearms have sentimental value, replace them.

Back
Top Bottom