• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee Precision parts support

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
I've been in the process of tuning up my Lee Classic Turret Press. It's relatively young, having produced something like 40K rounds over the last eight years, but the timing was starting to slip a bit. I swapped out the square, plastic indexing ratchet with the spare they provided with the press; the spare was zip tied to the rear post since 2012; knew it would be needed sooner or later.

Anyway, completely disassembled, cleaned, lubed, reset the few adjustments there are, and the press is working perfectly again. Even better than new, since I added a 3D printed shell kicker and an ejection ramp.

Figured I should order a new square indexing ratchet piece, since it's a wear part. Also ordered a spare indexing rod, so I can keep one set up with an auto-case kicker, and one without. And the auto index clamp, since it might need to be replaced someday. And the shell holder retainer spring, since that will probably never wear out but could easily be lost during a thorough maintenance process.

So I'm shopping at the Lee site: I put the products in my cart and the order total is ... $0. Hmm? Out of stock? Nope. A message on the cart page says these parts are provided at no charge.

No charge.

So, **** off, Dillon. My press will remain red.

P.S. Full disclosure: They charged me $8.77 for shipping. :)

May be able to print that indexing ratchet too, fwiw. I think I've seen that pattern out on thingiverse

Yep, it's there. I suspect Lee's plastic is going to be better suited to wear than the filaments I have on hand. And, as I mentioned, they are free.

I've got one more mod to complete on the press, and I'll post a write up showing what I did. The shell kicker is from thingyverse, but the ramp is my design. Those two pieces probably gave me a 15 to 20% productivity boost.

Back
Top Bottom