• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee Auto Prime

I'm using an RCBS bench top primer, works great but filing primer tubes sucks. Look at Lee's bench top model.

Know what you mean about filling the primer tube. I have a friend that came up with an idea that we have been working on. It is still a work in progress, but here is a video and some pictures. Sorry for poor quality of video and pictures. Do not have any fancy video equipment.

DSC_9112.JPG DSC_9113.JPG DSC_9114.JPG DSC_9115.JPG DSC_9116.JPG DSC_9117.JPG DSC_9118.JPG DSC_9119.JPG DSC_9120.JPG

I think the old round tray Lee is the best. I also broke the arm but found a replacement on eBay for $6. Totally worth it to keep old faithful up and running. I haven't used the newest Lee but I didn't care for the square tray Lee with the lifter piece

This afternoon after faithful service since 1984 my original Lee Auto Prime finally gave up the ghost. The little zinc pivot arm snapped in half part way through a batch of 1000 223 cases. Sad day! Since the new model from Lee has a bad reputation for jamming I ordered a hand primer from Frankford. We'll see if it lasts as long as my old Lee did!

Maybe they don't have it, but did you check Lee's webpage to see if they had replacement parts? I have found a lot of parts they will give you free, you just have to pay shipping. Bought a used Lee Load master that looked like it hadn't ever been used, was missing parts. After I figured out what was missing went to webpage and got most of them for free.

Rosewood

Fortunately a kindly ODTer that had a spare sent it out and I'm back in business. Since the original post and in light of the fact these are obviously a bit hard to locate I've kept my eye on eBay and ended up finding a second one that I'm keeping as my "spare". If these last as long as the original I'll be long dead and buried before they give out. Lee did offer to take the old one back and give me half off any of their newer models. I declined on the grounds that their newer models are, ummmmmm, $hitty compared with the old one that I have.

Anyway all's well that ends well, I'm happily back in the priming business!

Back
Top Bottom