• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lee auto disk revelation

woodstock

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
INCARCERATED. DO NOT FEED
77   0
Reaction score
Have been loading small batches of several different calibers to see how they worked before doing a full batch.
Loaded each case individually prior to testing weighing each charge.

Now that I am loading large batches, started using the lee auto disk powder measure, which was dropping charges all over the place. Set for a 7.4 gr charge I would often get 7.7 and even 8.0 charges, interspersed with correct 7.4 charges.Way too much and dangerous.

Rechecked everything and found that the hopper needs to be loaded at least half full to provide consistent loads. If loaded that much or more, my loads were spot on, weird but it works.

Anyone else see this?

I don't have many issues with spherical powder but flake varies a lot. Have read several threads about adding a baffle like an rcbs, this is also supposed to keep the flow constant.

Bingo Bango.

I use the auto disk on my load master and found the same problem. Top off the hopper and zero problems.

I don't have many issues with spherical powder but flake varies a lot. Have read several threads about adding a baffle like an rcbs, this is also supposed to keep the flow constant.

Glad I am not alone. I have used CFE 223 ( a spherical) and universal in this, and both had consistency problems until I loaded it up. Good grief that was tedious until I found out what worked... What kind of baffle is that?

I thought I was the only one... When we going shooting again?

Haha, I guess hanging around you is the source of that problem! :D

I'm ready to punch some holes in targets, give me shout and we'll tell some lies and have a good time. Might bring that 44 with the scope if you want.

Glad I am not alone. I have used CFE 223 ( a spherical) and universal in this, and both had consistency problems until I loaded it up. Good grief that was tedious until I found out what worked... What kind of baffle is that?

I just picked up a few pounds of the cfe 223.... What kind of results are you getting?

I just picked up a few pounds of the cfe 223.... What kind of results are you getting?

I like it, but have not shot a Lot of it. It will fill the case pretty good and made me a little nervous at first, but shot well at starting loads.

Haven't been back to try at a heavier bullet( that was 62gr I shot first), have some 77 gr nosler BTs am looking forward to loading next. Will do some this weekend now that I am thinking about it.
What are you loading with it?

Back
Top Bottom