• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lathes

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I think I scored a good deal today. Bought a new in box Clarke BT1028 today for three Benjamin's. I have an old Craftsman at my dad's I have to pick up, it's been in the family for about 50 years.
This made me curious as to what others were using. Will get some picks out the Clarke up tomorrow.

we have one of the Gizzly lathes. same model(4003) as their gunsmithing lathe minus all the inital parts..we've added what we need

not a bad lathe

for a mini lathe I've had an old enco for years...nice for small stuff

Last edited:
Gotta set up a spot for her now.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348345065898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348345065898.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 32
I got a good deal on a Carolina Machine Tools lathe several years ago- I think about $350 to $400 (Can't remember). I picked it up from a machine shop close to the Atl airport.

It runs great- total runout on parts around 0.001". Of course that goes up to about 0.003 if you move the saddle to one particluar spot. So I guess it has "character"...

There's one thing I learned quickly about a lathe- the machine doesn't cost jack. The tooling is where all your money goes. I replaced the rocker type tool rest with a decent wedge type quick change post- that one upgrade cost almost as much as the lathe.

Back
Top Bottom