• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land for lease

James Queen

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Ok be forward this is partially a rant. Well I had finally found some land for lease. It was 120 acres in Haralson county. The leasing company told me to go take a look whenever I wanted. So a buddy and I went to take a look at the property. Do you think the leasing company had the common courtesy to inform me before I went an looked at the property it had been completely clear cut in the last year? No, of course not. Well despite the clear cut we decided to walk some of the property just to see what we could see. Not a single sign of a deer anywhere in the 40 acre area that we walked. Not even along the tree line of the neighboring property. Just a wide open space with lots of fell trees still laying around. It is getting so hard to find anything now days. I wish Paulding Forest was just open for the full hunting season. Trying to figure out where to get my daughter in the woods is becoming troublesome. I hope she can make it through this year and I find a spot for next year. A club, private land, or a lease that I can take on with some buddies that hunt. Well that is enough for my rant.

Sucks man.

Can always hit some WMA’s by navigating through the maze of ridiculous buck only and either sex days and hope you don’t get confused and shoot the wrong one with the wrong weapon in the wrong place on the wrong day with the wrong ranger waiting for you at your truck.

I looked this property up. It appears that it is actually in the city limits of Tallapoosa. I wonder. Is it legal to fire a gun on the property? The city limits run south to keep jurisdiction along highway 100, then expands to include the two side-by-side leases which total 119 acres. The south lease is all inside the city limits, the north lease is about 25% inside the city limit.

Back
Top Bottom