• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lake City Ammo 5.56

There's a lot of good videos out there explaining the full scope of why production is under such a strain. But from what I can summarize, they all essentially say the same thing:

People bought new guns with recommended amount of ammo to complement it (500 rounds) during the great Toilet Paper War and people feared for economic collapse
Then when the riots and social unrest started, more people jumped on the gunwagon and bought at least 500 rounds with their new purchase.
Then after all that, normal buyers go in and see the barren shelves and say, "I oughta max out my stockpile since there must be a shortage!"
And there goes the rest of it.

Now supply and demand rules the day and the manufacturers can't even keep up with the requests.

*Phew* That was a lot.

You are right and wrong. People bought guns and no ammo. Production also slowed due to the Covid affecting factories which did not happen in previous panics. The TP panic and riots brought a lot of new gun owners into the fold.

Just be patient. Have seen this several times in the last decade. When ammo prices go back down and supply is over abundant- that is when you buy. Just that simple. Don’t buy when prices and demand are high.

Just be patient. Have seen this several times in the last decade. When ammo prices go back down and supply is over abundant- that is when you buy. Just that simple. Don’t buy when prices and demand are high.

I agree, seems like it's happened so many times before that this time doesn't feel like the crisis is justified.

On a good note to the panic buy, I doubt any other countries would ever want to invade on our soil due to the high amount of weapons our civilians own. It'd be like trying to take out a hornets nest with a baseball bat.

I buy about 12-18K rounds a week right now. Mostly I am seeking out specific items for my customers. One of them makes sealing machines for ammo. They need FMJs that are not already sealed. I also buy for retailers who cannot get ammo from their current suppliers. I also source to armed guard companies so they can train and certify their staff. So I talk to a lot of manufacturers a week. This week I have been hearing from them that they are out of primers and specific projectiles and will be shutting down production this week when they run out. This new more severe shortage where there nothing available will raise prices even higher then we see today.

BTW: I sell on a upfront stated cost plus % basis so do not label me a flipper.

Back
Top Bottom