• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knives I made for Christmas presents

georgiaboy34

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
18   0
Reaction score
I made "matching" knives for my parents and in-laws. (I happen to like my in laws :D)

#1&2: AEB-L with G10 handles, liners and black micarta pins. MIL likes blue, Mom likes red (she is a UGA grad so she got black liners and pins to match). MIL got a lime green liner which really pops with the blue G10.

#3 & 4: AEB-L with dyed and stabilized maple burl, Dad got an orange liner, FIL got a blue liner. Both had micarta tubes. Dad is left handed so he got a bigger palm swell on the reverse side and a little more belly for skinning. FIL's blade was modified to be thinner for general use/tinkering where I've seen him need to reach into thin spaces or slice wire sheathing.

#5: Wife got CPM154 with dyed and stabilized maple burl in a bird and trout pattern which also works well for prepping meat in the kitchen.

Last pic: Mom doing work on oranges. Her response: "way beyond sharp." All were sharpened down to 9 micron prior to stropping.
Christmas knives.jpg
Christmas knives 2.jpg

oranges.JPG

Thanks guys. Everyone was very happy and surprised. Those G10 handles were very comfortable and the blades were a tad thick for slicing veggies but great for meat. I'd use one in a heartbeat to clean/quarter or de-bone a deer or as a GP outdoors knife.

Back
Top Bottom