• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife

Been carrying a Benchmade barrage for about 5 years now. Just got one of the new ESEE folders the other day. Wanting to get a Benchmade automatic knife when I get a little extra money to waste. Lol

EDC and bug out....hmm, I'd have two different ones lol. EDC I have plethora I swap in and out. Spyderco,Benchmade, and Zero Tolerance are all my favorites.

Kershaw makes one heck of a blade for the economical mindset.

My bugout blade though, would be a ESEE 3

I can only echo everyone else. I carry a benchmade mini barrage daily. I have an izula in my ghb...eventually will be gerltting a bigger fixed blade. Sold a Becker bk2 in hopes of a group buy for an esee that never materialized.

Leaning towards a 3, 4 or junglas... But probably a couple of threes

Okay - this is what I am hearing -

Need at least two knives one for every day carry the other for bug out bag.

EDC - maybe an ESEE - also possibly one with an open assist (I have small hands)
BOB - fixed blade

How about anything on the blade (i.e. serrated, etc...) -

So guys - think for your wives or girlfriends (or gals for yourselves) - you have maybe a $150 to $200 budget to get BOTH an EDC and BOB - specifically (including differences in blades, colors, etc..) what would you purchase?

Okay - this is what I am hearing -

Need at least two knives one for every day carry the other for bug out bag.

EDC - maybe an ESEE - also possibly one with an open assist (I have small hands)
BOB - fixed blade

How about anything on the blade (i.e. serrated, etc...) -

So guys - think for your wives or girlfriends (or gals for yourselves) - you have maybe a $150 to $200 budget to get BOTH an EDC and BOB - specifically (including differences in blades, colors, etc..) what would you purchase?

Esee 3 - BOB
You - Kershaw Cryo, injection, lots of good models or ESEE zancudo, ontario rat 1 or 2.
Wifey - victorinox classic/cadet, Leatherman style CS/Juice

Just some things that first come to mind : p

* I like plain edged blades for the larger cutting surface. If the blade is sharp enough it'll cut rope or whatever you need to.*

Last edited:
For EDC, I carry a RAT model 1 made by Ontario Knife. This folder was designed by the same guy who owns ESEE. It is inexpensive, $30, but a well made knife. I have abused it trying to break it and I couldn't, so far. For camping I carry an ESEE 6. large knife well made. I would recommend an Esee 3or 4 for you.

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_26_45ee69379b6f0b3b4006ffb7215aa098.jpg
For EDC, I carry a RAT model 1 made by Ontario Knife. This folder was designed by the same guy who owns ESEE. It is inexpensive, $30, but a well made knife. I have abused it trying to break it and I couldn't, so far. For camping I carry an ESEE 6. large knife well made. I would recommend an Esee 3or 4 for you.

Me too! I love my rat 1 so much I bought a rat 2! They stopped making them but, the zancudo is almost the same.

Back
Top Bottom