• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kinda Bummed - Traditions SAA

Jblue

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
159   1
Reaction score
Bought it LNIB from an awesome member and the gun was beautiful. Case color frame blued barrel black pvc grips. Ive run 50 rounds thru the slick action...no problems. Avvurate manageable etc. But ive slapped leather with this thing maybe 5 times. The front corner of the frame, loading gate, and hammer all have havibg finish removed by a LEATHER holster. The gun is tank, but that just burns my ass. I would rather them just plain blue it their case hardening is gas station knife quality. All in all 5/10 for the fimger nail soft finish.

Bought it LNIB from an awesome member and the gun was beautiful. Case color frame blued barrel black pvc grips. Ive run 50 rounds thru the slick action...no problems. Avvurate manageable etc. But ive slapped leather with this thing maybe 5 times. The front corner of the frame, loading gate, and hammer all have havibg finish removed by a LEATHER holster. The gun is tank, but that just burns my ass. I would rather them just plain blue it their case hardening is gas station knife quality. All in all 5/10 for the fimger nail soft finish.
That's too bad,takes some of the fun out of it. Time to regift.

Sorry but those are known to have what they call chemical or acid case coloring. Its soft and does show wear. Colt or USFA have the real case coloring but at 3 or 4 times the price!
That's too bad,takes some of the fun out of it. Time to regift.
Yeah it sucks, too. The gun is built well enough I know it'll be shooter; so I'm sure it'll be plain steel in no time.

Back
Top Bottom