• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kimber Custom II

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Took the Kimber to the range this past weekend. Was really impressed with this 1911. The trigger felt very smooth compared to my Glocks or the XD I used to own. I was majorly surprised with the recoil. I used to own a Para P-10 which is a double stacked 3 inch 1911, and man it kicked. The Kimber with the 5 inch barrel kicked almost like my 9mm. Maybe it is because of the full length guide rod, I'm not sure. Accuracy was excellent. I was shooting some Blazer aluminum cased ammo 230gr round nose, so not the best stuff in the world. I was shooting 1.5-2 inch groups from 7 to 10 yards. No bench rest stuff, but good enough for me. I really like the grips that came with the gun, they are a hard rubber with diamond checkering. Though I plan on changing them, shooting with them was very comfortable. This gun doesn't have the front strap checkering which is ok with me. The felt recoil was not bad enough for me to feel I had to have them. For the price of getting into a Kimber for my first 1911, I feel that it was good. This won't be my only one I'm sure. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks

View attachment 41535View attachment 41536 Kimber1911 002.jpgView attachment 41538

Last edited:
Good job! I am glad you were pleased with the Kimber. You are correct, this will not be your last one!lol

How much $$$ or any trades?

Lol...I love it when some peeps ask that before even reading the thread fully or seeing what sub-forum it was posted in!
Just can't beat a hard-hitting 1911. You'll own others shortly, trust me!!!

GLWS/GLWT.....Lol

Back
Top Bottom