• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kestrel.....

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
Im really going to show my ignorance here, but I think I need one of these for environmental factors. Im looking for something that measures elevation, air pressure, humidity, direction and temperature. Dont really need the wind function but I think they all come with it. It might has well be greek to me because Im lost.

You need one. 5700 elite. Save some money with the Hornady 4dof which has stellar ballistics, but lacks some features of the 5700. If you can find an older 4500nv with horus, that works well also.

I'm more than happy to show you how to use em as well. Garbage in = garbage out. Don't guesstimate.

You need one. 5700 elite. Save some money with the Hornady 4dof which has stellar ballistics, but lacks some features of the 5700. If you can find an older 4500nv with horus, that works well also.

I'm more than happy to show you how to use em as well. Garbage in = garbage out. Don't guesstimate.
There was I think about a 15 degree air temp difference and a big difference in pressure last range trip and I noticed a 3 moa-ish difference in long range drop. I knew it would but I need the meter to make my notes.

Good googly moogly 750! It looks like it will hook to my phone or chromebook and plot what I've been doing on my notepad. $750........ buy nice or buy twice they say.

A kestrel with 4dof or AB is the single best investment I've made in long range shooting. Keep an eye out on sites like camera land NY, euro optic and mile high. They get an open box stuff on occasion and sell for a hefty discount. I got my sportsman for half off, just didn't get the box.

I've lucked up and bought a military contract Sportsman Kestrel that came with the soft case and vane mount for $300. Then spent $200 for the Elite upgrade. Well worth it!!

Back
Top Bottom