Kel Tec P11

oldtimer42

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
19   0
Reaction score
Recently traded for the Kel Tec P11 for the wife to carry. However the wife cammot pull back the slide to load. Is there anyway to soften it up for her to load without taking away the efficience of this gun???

Seems to me if you "soften" the slide you make the recoil heavy. Not only making it harder to shoot but adding wear to the frame etc.

Recently traded for the Kel Tec P11 for the wife to carry. However the wife cammot pull back the slide to load. Is there anyway to soften it up for her to load without taking away the efficience of this gun???

This must be a common problem. My wife has trouble with the slide of my Ruger LC9 and my G22. Not an expert on the mechanics of semi autos but have you considered a revolver? My wife doesn't want one but I think it's because she thinks they look old fashioned. lol

same problems with my wife pulling the slide. So I bought her one with a hammer (P-22). After she cocked the hammer the slide was real easy to pull. I'm thinking a Sig 238 for her next one. At least i'm gonna let her think it's hers.

not much you can do. the p11 uses a double spring because theres not much weight. any less and you might break something.

Back
Top Bottom