• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Keep in mind...I'm no Constitutional Scholar....but...

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
Let's assume, for the sake of this discussion, that Feinstein's ban legislation passes....I can't think of any other law anywhere that regulates what I can and can not sell within my own state that has come down from the federal level. Here's my question....wouldn't the federal government prohibiting private sales be, in essence, regulating intrastate commerce and doesn't the 10th Amendment and Commerce clause forbid them from doing just that?

I'm entirely open to the fact that I could be wrong...thoughts? :noidea:

Let's assume, for the sake of this discussion, that Feinstein's ban legislation passes....I can't think of any other law anywhere that regulates what I can and can not sell within my own state that has come down from the federal level. Here's my question....wouldn't the federal government prohibiting private sales be, in essence, regulating intrastate commerce and doesn't the 10th Amendment and Commerce clause forbid them from doing just that?

Umm, tacos?

I THINK, I'm no scholar of any kind, that would only apply to goods manufactured in said state.

Right...because if I buy a Windham Weaponery AR, you're immediately dealing with interstate commerce....so this is where I am going with this....let's say C3 builds an AR completely in-house and sells it to me...where are we then?

In two more days...Obama Care...Health insurance(well what you will BUY any way).

They already regulate class III items, and it's the same premise.

But isn't the premise for Class III interstate travel? As I understood it was a process to track weapons over state lines...thus why you have to notify ATF if you take your SBR out of state?

- - - Updated - - -

Umm, tacos?
Umm, douchebag? :thumb:

Yes, you have the option of paying the fine..er tax....for now. Single payer is the goal. Then you will have NO options. Federally mandated commerce.

Yes, you have the option of paying the fine..er tax....for now. Single payer is the goal. Then you will have NO options. Federally mandated commerce.

I also have the option of keeping what my employer gives me, no? And keep in mind, I have no delusions that single payer is his goal...my only prayer is that he isn't able to accomplish it in four years.

Back
Top Bottom