• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Keep an eye out please

Their account was not blocked but their name will never be brought up again without someone reminding members of their pompous policies. They will probably never post another ad here because some asshole like me will put a snide comment in the thread.

So, from what I got, is that they are no longer selling "Assault Weapons to the public" (didn't know that). I have been going in there for about a year now and I rarely saw any semi-auto rifles for sale. So, this really doesn't mean anything to me. It sucks for them because they will not be making any money selling semi-auto's. But, like I said, they really weren't into that before anyways. If I can get a good deal on a hand gun, or anything else, I will do my shopping there. And I will point people to them also to get a good deal.

So, from what I got, is that they are no longer selling "Assault Weapons to the public" (didn't know that). I have been going in there for about a year now and I rarely saw any semi-auto rifles for sale. So, this really doesn't mean anything to me. It sucks for them because they will not be making any money selling semi-auto's. But, like I said, they really weren't into that before anyways. If I can get a good deal on a hand gun, or anything else, I will do my shopping there. And I will point people to them also to get a good deal.
Not me. I do my best to only support companies that support my rights, especially when there are so many other alternatives. Gun shops, especially, deserve our wrath when they throw us under the bus because that gives the anti-gunners HUGE momentum. I hope as you get deeper into this hobby you will share my (and many others) feelings about the matter. I didn't understand folks who thought like this at first, but the more I learn the more I change my beliefs.

Their account was not blocked but their name will never be brought up again without someone reminding members of their pompous policies. They will probably never post another ad here because some asshole like me will put a snide comment in the thread.

captdave I hope to one day shake your hand!

Not me. I do my best to only support companies that support my rights, especially when there are so many other alternatives. Gun shops, especially, deserve our wrath when they throw us under the bus because that gives the anti-gunners HUGE momentum. I hope as you get deeper into this hobby you will share my (and many others) feelings about the matter. I didn't understand folks who thought like this at first, but the more I learn the more I change my beliefs.

I understand, and agree, why people would boycott them because they will not be selling “Assault Weapons” to the public. I also understand why DSS decided to not sell to the public due to that they primarily sell to police (doesn’t mean I agree with them…because I don’t). But, DSS wasn’t even on my radar for “Assault Weapons”. Why? Because they had maybe 1-2 “Assault Weapons” the past year that they never sold (Buford, GA wise). So, they weren’t big into the whole “Assault Weapons” to begin with.

I don’t feel like I’m supporting DSS by getting a great deal on a handgun. I am supporting my pockets and bank account (maybe also S&W). I support mom & pop shops, but DSS is not one. And if someone chooses not to shop at DSS, that’s their right. But, I’m looking for the great deal, which I did my shopping around and DSS had the best deal. Heck, I got such a great deal on a new handgun that the price still beats the used handgun prices I have seen here on the ODT. The person that started this thread was asking for a “steal/deal” on a “new Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact”, which I gave him the place I got my deal/steal on my S&W handgun.

I’m not sure what you were trying to get at when you said, “I hope as you get deeper into this hobby you will share my (and many others) feelings about the matter.” You have no idea how long I have been into guns (about 30 years…grew up with them). And I have been following what’s going on with the whole “Assault Weapons” ban (by the way, I DISAGREE with the people that want the ban). So, please do not assume you know anything about me and my feelings about this matter.

The problem with supporting DSS is that by supporting them you also support the policies of DSS . Just like using paypal . Paypal is an active anti gun supporter and uses your fee money to support anti gun causes . Why would anyone who cares about there rights support and anti gun company. It defies normal thinking no matter how you spin it.

The problem with supporting DSS is that by supporting them you also support the policies of DSS . Just like using paypal . Paypal is an active anti gun supporter and uses your fee money to support anti gun causes . Why would anyone who cares about there rights support and anti gun company. It defies normal thinking no matter how you spin it.

^^^^This 100%^^^^

Back
Top Bottom