Karl Childers gets a Colonoscopy

When I went in for my first one the nurse asked me if I'd reviewed the possible adverse outcomes of a colonoscopy with the doctor. I said, "Like what?" She says, "Well, although it's highly unlikely the scope could pierce the wall of the colon and you may have to have an emergency resection. That would of course mean you'd wear a colostomy bag for about 6 months."

I said, "Hell no he didn't tell me anything like that! I could have used that information before I came in here today!"
So to show her how two can play that game, you should have come running out afterwards right through the middle of the waiting room holding your ass and screaming, “oh God it hurt“ :thumb:

I had the misfortune of having a colonoscopy fully conscious, no sedation, no pain meds, nothing. F’in doctor told me it was standard practice and this was long before the internet, so I had no idea. NEVER AGAIN.
They cancelled one of my appointments one year. Problem was, I had already started studying for the test if you know what I mean.

My current doctor recommended cologuard, so I tried it. It was a pretty easy, and a 100% painless way to do the test. Obviously, it’s not for everyone, and it’s not 100% accurate as there can be false positives and false negatives, but as long as my doctor says I can use it, I will.

Back
Top Bottom