• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kahr CM45. ---2ND UPDATE: Just not reliable.

Nope, just insecure enough to need more ammo. LOL!

Me too. I got lucky and picked up 2 of them used for $20 each when I bought my latest CW45. Sold the CW45 and hung on to those mags, knowing I was going to get a CM45. They fit in an Uncle Mike's or Black Hawk #3 pocket holster and ride in my offhand back pocket opposite my wallet for easy access and relatively comfortable carry.

Hey Bear...Bud's Gunshop has these 7 round mags for Kahr 45's for $26.89 each. Only problem with orsdering from Bud's is the $9 shipping (unless you want insurance then it's $10). Still, if you can't find them cheaper elsewhere...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ound+Magazine+Fits+All+45+ACP+Caliber+Pistols

Damn, to late. Ordered from Midway for $31.00. Shipping was a little cheaper, but not enough to make up the difference.

I've checked out the spring and it's not much of one. Just a tiny coil that attaches to the outside of the frame under the slide. It looks like it's the same design as on all the other Kahrs. I'm tempted to just take a pair of pliers to it and see if I can't reshape it so it would put more pressure on the slide release, but that would probably void warranty. I'm hoping they have a local smith they will authorize to do the work. I don't want to have to ship it off and it be gone for weeks for them to do a five minute change out of the spring.

Look what the very first thing was that popped up on a search for "Kahr problem with slide stop". This is exactly the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50P7HCAATo

I really hope the fix is this simple. We'll find out today.

Edit: I also found this as a response to someone else having the same problem posted in another forum.

"I had the same issue with my CW45 right out of the box. I contacted Kahr, and the customer service rep told me that they had problems with some of the slide stop springs. He overnighted a new spring to me, and I replaced it myself in about 15 minutes. I did notice that new spring had a slightly different shape than the original

After 700-800 rounds, I have not had any other problems with the gun."

I'm feeling much better about this now and I think I'll go ahead and get them to send me a new one and then make sure it's cranked down good.

Last edited:
I have a a Cw and P 45.
Have had a issue with either one of mine. my primer strikes are centered not sure why yours are off. Since I reload I found out real quick they are very sensitive to bullet length. I Had a few light primer strikes due to being out of battery. No biggie firgured it out real quick.

Yes a grip wrap of some sort is needed for these guns. That grip will wear you hand out quick.

Look what the very first thing was that popped up on a search for "Kahr problem with slide stop". This is exactly the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50P7HCAATo

I really hope the fix is this simple. We'll find out today.

Edit: I also found this as a response to someone else having the same problem posted in another forum.

"I had the same issue with my CW45 right out of the box. I contacted Kahr, and the customer service rep told me that they had problems with some of the slide stop springs. He overnighted a new spring to me, and I replaced it myself in about 15 minutes. I did notice that new spring had a slightly different shape than the original

After 700-800 rounds, I have not had any other problems with the gun."

I'm feeling much better about this now and I think I'll go ahead and get them to send me a new one and then make sure it's cranked down good.

Yep. I think I might have the same problem. ;)

Just in case.

i like the kahrs. my only issues are due to my weak hands. to me the springs are VERY stiff. to the point reassembly was very difficult. hard to beat for the price.

Had a few minutes and ran 3 mags through mine. Perfect function. Zero failures of any kind. But I did get that keyhole primer strike on every single round. Only 21 rounds so far. Will try to get more later today.

fyi. i found their cs to be awesome. i blew up a cw9 due to a bad reload(another story lol). they sent a shipping label and repaired it at no cost. good company.

Back
Top Bottom