• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

K98 Bolt is stuck on a LIVE ROUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS98

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
31   0
Reaction score
So i purchased a k98 in 308 (supposedly) it had no caliber markings and the previous owner assured me it was 308 but it wasnt! Its 7mm mauser. I now have a steel cased 308 stuck in the chamber, very little force was used to seat the round, i think the steel to steel contact created alot of friction and i cannot get the bolt to open! Its a brazilian 7mm large ring mauser 98. Thanks and I dont feel like going to the gunsmith if there is an easy fix.

Clamp it in a vice wrapped in something to protect it, with the barrel facing down (or another safe direction). And then give the bolt a smack with a piece of wood.

Clamp it in a vice wrapped in a something to protect it, with the barrel facing down (or another safe direction). And then give the bolt a smack with a piece of wood.
thank you, so i assume it is relatively safe to smack the bolt?....I will attempt this tomorrow on the 4th of july 🎇

thank you, so i assume it is relatively safe to smack the bolt?....I will attempt this tomorrow on the 4th of july 🎇

It's like mortoring an AR, not really something you want to do; but sometimes it's the thing you have to do. If you have to do it, make sure it's not pointed at anything you don't want to destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom