Just found out that I lost a friend to an OD

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
I've spent all day debating whether or not I should post this but I think everyone should know.

Yesterday I heard the news that one of my friends from college died earlier this month. I hadn't talked to her in years but I can still vividly remember riding in her white SUV to waffle house at 2am and the costume she wore to the Halloween party that we had at my old apartment. I found a picture of us together many years ago and now I can't stop looking at it.

I don't know all of the details of her death. I was told that she died from a cocaine overdose but I don't believe that is the whole story. She had a great life with strong ties to her family and a good job and she was married to a guy that she had been with for over 10 years. I don't think she was a regular drug user. I think somebody probably gave it to her as a special treat and she did a little bit not knowing that it was laced with fentanyl. In an instant she was gone. I'm sure most of you don't need to hear this but don't trust any drugs of any kind from anyone. Fentanyl is in absolutely everything now and just a little bit just one time could be enough.

Rest in peace my friend. I'll never forget those pretty brown eyes or that infectious smile.

Prayers up for your suffering and her senseless killing.
I hope and pray you find peace somehow and that this one’s family may be able to move past this as well.
Overdoses are a hard thing to accept. I lost a brother to one years ago. I have seen many others and it is always devastating.
My oldest brother used heroin (and whatever else he could get) ….I am not sure what demon he was chasing or why but I tried my best to be the brother to him that I thought he needed and tried like hell to keep him from killing himself but I just couldn’t do it. Some things are just out of our control no matter how hard we try.
I miss him.
My condolences, again .

Back
Top Bottom