Votes: 83 51.9%
  • Let it go.

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • Drink its blood.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Change underwear.

Votes: 23 14.4%

• Total voters
gacolt..makes good points..usually around 10-12 people die each year from snake bites in the US. A good many of those cases are alcohol related incidents and another high percentage of the deaths are caused actually by malpractice at the hospitals. 100 people give or take will choke to death on the little insert in the back of a Bic ink pen that so many people seem to think is a chew toy this year, last year, every year. You are 10 times more likely to die from an inkpen than a snake. And given the many other ways we have to die, even the "10 times more likely ink pen scenario" has astronomically low odds of actually being your way out of this life.

Timber rattlers actually make more of a dent in the squirrel/chipmunk populations than that of mice and rats. But all rodents have to have predators keeping them in check or they get out of hand really fast. Don't like something in nature? Something gives you the heebie jeebies? So what? Grow a pair and learn what they are good for, how to live and let live (other than food). There is no act, in my opinion, more ignorant than to kill an animal out of fear just because it exists and poses no harm if you don't actually walk up to it and step on it. OH speaking of statistics, I wonder what the stats are on man getting bit by rattlesnake he's shooting at v/s man getting hit by his own ricocheting bullets? Gotta love Darwin award winners. If only they could claim the prize before procreating!

Doesn't look like a copperhead. Looks like a rattlesnake.

Its a Canebreak rattle snake bro. I still say keep it as a pet.
www.kingsnake.com_louisiana_pics_canebrake1.jpg

gacolt..makes good points..usually around 10-12 people die each year from snake bites in the US. A good many of those cases are alcohol related incidents and another high percentage of the deaths are caused actually by malpractice at the hospitals. 100 people give or take will choke to death on the little insert in the back of a Bic ink pen that so many people seem to think is a chew toy this year, last year, every year. You are 10 times more likely to die from an inkpen than a snake. And given the many other ways we have to die, even the "10 times more likely ink pen scenario" has astronomically low odds of actually being your way out of this life.

Timber rattlers actually make more of a dent in the squirrel/chipmunk populations than that of mice and rats. But all rodents have to have predators keeping them in check or they get out of hand really fast. Don't like something in nature? Something gives you the heebie jeebies? So what? Grow a pair and learn what they are good for, how to live and let live (other than food). There is no act, in my opinion, more ignorant than to kill an animal out of fear just because it exists and poses no harm if you don't actually walk up to it and step on it. OH speaking of statistics, I wonder what the stats are on man getting bit by rattlesnake he's shooting at v/s man getting hit by his own ricocheting bullets? Gotta love Darwin award winners. If only they could claim the prize before procreating!

Why don't you go find yourself a snakes-only forum?? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom