• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just bought a Winchester 94 30/30 from a coworker on a whim...did i do okay?

bradystrib

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
23   2
Reaction score
It's not a pre64 but it is a top eject 30-30 model. Gun is in pristine condition. Came with 11 boxes of ammo. 1 winchester, 5 remington, and 5 monarch so 220 rounds all together. Got it all for $300. I think i did okay simply because of the ammo added in but yeah...I know little to nothing about the model 94.

you did ok.

yupp
i52.tinypic.com_23vf2om.gif

Yep, for the condition you describe and the extra ammo, you did well.
Now get out this fall and kill something with it!

yes. gotta love the 30-30.. You should easily get that back if you decided to sell it. I have a marlin 336 30-30 that was my grandfathers and wouldnt sell it for anything. Awesome round for deer and reliable guns at that. They seem to hold their value pretty well as long as they are taken care of. Congrats, on your new purchase ans some pics would be great.

Nice gun and in good shape for that. You made out pretty good, especially with all that ammo. Those remingtons go for a minimum of $20/ box so good deal on your part. I can not attest to the rest of the ammo though. So you only paid $200 for the gun with just the rem ammo. Steal in my opinion... So when you plan on selling it?

That's the plan!

pics:
i.imgur.com_yaQIo.jpg

i.imgur.com_mYeQg.jpg

Very nice. Looks new.
I have a M94 30/30 as well manufactured from around 1968 that I inherited from my father-in-law. He killed many a deer with it in Indiana and was a southpaw so the right side of the stock was worn slap thru the finish from his cheek over the years! I put a black composite stock on it several years ago and love to take it out hunting occasionally for that old-school feeling.
Good luck with your's and good luck in the wood's this season!

Back
Top Bottom