• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just a reminder

That's what she said.
Owwww!!

200w (8).gif

Brother in law decides to change oil in the family mini van for the first time ever. Great guy but 0 knowledge of anything mechanical. He’s a computer programmer. Drained oil, changed filter, replaced plug and refilled oil. Started it up and went to drive around the block when suddenly his transmission locked up. He had drained the tranny fluid not the oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brother in law decides to change oil in the family mini van for the first time ever. Great guy but 0 knowledge of anything mechanical. He’s a computer programmer. Drained oil, changed filter, replaced plug and refilled oil. Started it up and went to drive around the block when suddenly his transmission locked up. He had drained the tranny fluid not the oil.

I know it is not really funny but I did laugh

No pictures but I assured you it was a mess. Well I been changing my own oil for nearly 50 years and always, always check to make sure old filter gasket comes off with filter at least till today. Yes you guessed it, the old gasket stuck and I didn’t catch it. Thought I was done, started truck and was pouring oil like it slung a rod. Moro of story make sure gasket is on old filter 😊
If it happened at a quick lube place you would have driven off and then had to fight them tooth and nail to replace the damage. Instead the only value lost is however much oil hemorrhaged out.

In the old days (turbo 350), you could run the trans dry, conk out on the side of the road, refill it and still get another 10K miles out of it! LOL
Today? If you run it with 2 ounces less, forget it, car's totaled.

Back
Top Bottom