• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just a reminder to search the internet before buying ammo on here.

You DO? Where?
Academy Sports has a couple of different varieties and lately pretty much every time I go to the store. 17.99 (.3598). I don't include sales tax in that as that has nothing to do with the manufacturers price, so technically you re paying a bit more than .35 per round but thats where the manufacturer has it priced at.

If you see the ammo price listed on academy's website is lower than what you are seeing in store, they will price match it with their website as well.

I have probably bought 4-500 rounds the past few weeks off an on at that price just stopping into academy and picking up a couple of boxes here and there. They now are letting you buy 4 boxes at a time which is convenient when they have various calibre in stock.

I just picked up some 22 a couple of days ago there as well. Now if they would just start getting in something other than 223 9mm and .22 that would be great. 30-30. 30/06 and 44 mag have been scarce or I just haven't seen them. Hopefully the seasonal ammo push will continue and as hunting seasons get closer, some of the hunting calibre's will be produced more. I know birdshot is showing up more, I would imagine with the timing of dove seasons etc.

On everything,hyperinflation is here.....
I think some of it too is that companies learned from 2013. Back then they ramped up production like mad then suddenly the demand disappeared and they were left with warehouses of ammo with no demand. I think they’ve continued with the slow and steady production which keeps demand up and supply lower than back then. Just my theory, may or may not be true

I think some of it too is that companies learned from 2013. Back then they ramped up production like mad then suddenly the demand disappeared and they were left with warehouses of ammo with no demand. I think they’ve continued with the slow and steady production which keeps demand up and supply lower than back then. Just my theory, may or may not be true
The entire industry expected Hillary to be elected in 2016 and accelerated production and infrastructure to meet the demand an anti-2A administration would generate. After Trump was elected many of those large manufacturers went under as a result of their expansion plans. Bankruptcies and Chapter 12 followed for many venerated companies in existence long before many of us were born. The industry put a halt on any expansion and when covid struck the industry was caught flat-footed and unable to respond. It is finally coming around but it will take a little bit longer.

Agreed - people bought up a lot during the winter and early Spring and now demand has dropped and proces are down.

I haven't bought any in months, but have checked prices from time to time. 7.62x39 is down from 50+cpr to around .26-.28scpr. That is about the same as a year ago. It's not too bad.....

Academy Sports has a couple of different varieties and lately pretty much every time I go to the store. 17.99 (.3598). I don't include sales tax in that as that has nothing to do with the manufacturers price, so technically you re paying a bit more than .35 per round but thats where the manufacturer has it priced at.

If you see the ammo price listed on academy's website is lower than what you are seeing in store, they will price match it with their website as well.

I have probably bought 4-500 rounds the past few weeks off an on at that price just stopping into academy and picking up a couple of boxes here and there. They now are letting you buy 4 boxes at a time which is convenient when they have various calibre in stock.

I just picked up some 22 a couple of days ago there as well. Now if they would just start getting in something other than 223 9mm and .22 that would be great. 30-30. 30/06 and 44 mag have been scarce or I just haven't seen them. Hopefully the seasonal ammo push will continue and as hunting seasons get closer, some of the hunting calibre's will be produced more. I know birdshot is showing up more, I would imagine with the timing of dove seasons etc.
I was referring to JHP.
Yeah I think .35-37 is about the going rate for FMJ

Find some on here sometimes 100 rounds of 223 at a good price. Been looking for 350 Legend but it is a joke at the prices
the walmart in dunwoody had two different varieties of 350 legend ammo. Not as familiar with the loads and didn't check the prices but they had maybe 15-20 boxes of one brand and maybe 10 of the other.

also had 300WM and 308 hunting rounds, 17HMR and I picked up a couple of 325 round boxes of Federal Automatch 22lr for $18 or so.

I stopped into Academy today to take a look at some fishing gear and buzzed the ammo shelves, I saw..9mm, 10mm, 357 magnum, 380, .22, 223, 7.62, 7mm mag, 308, 350 Legend, 22 (cci stinger/and subsonic,) 44 mag (which I helped myself to) and a few different shotgun loads, defensive and bird shot. Notably lacking were any hunting ammo (30-06, 30-30 etc) I guess closer to deer season we may see some more of that.

I stopped into Academy today to take a look at some fishing gear and buzzed the ammo shelves, I saw..9mm, 10mm, 357 magnum, 380, .22, 223, 7.62, 7mm mag, 308, 350 Legend, 22 (cci stinger/and subsonic,) 44 mag (which I helped myself to) and a few different shotgun loads, defensive and bird shot. Notably lacking were any hunting ammo (30-06, 30-30 etc) I guess closer to deer season we may see some more of that.
Prices?

I didn't write them down, sorry...It was all standard stuff that academy carries, so the prices for those calibers match their website prices. The only thing that really caught my eye with the 9mm is the cheapest they had was blazer aluminum case at 14.99 the others were 19.99 box the best I recall. The 44 I do remember (since I bought some) was $54.99 (Winchester White box). Oh I did remember the CCI stingers were 9.99 (50 rounds)

Back
Top Bottom