• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jury Duty Today

Man- Some of these child abuse/molestation cases are not cut and dried. I was accused of abuse by my ex and kids. Thankfully my lawyer was able to unravel the misleading info, unqualified interviewers who led the kids on. Listening to the tapes was sickening as to the way they coached the kids to "remember" stuff that never happened.
DFACS put the whammy on my ex, told her they would take the kids from her if she ever pulled the stunt again.

Really opened my eyes.

There was a day care school case in California, the McMartin Case IIRC where the child psychologists, facilitators and/or counsellors helped fabricate a molestation case that just wasn't there. It took near a decade for the McMartin family to be absolved.

Man- Some of these child abuse/molestation cases are not cut and dried. I was accused of abuse by my ex and kids. Thankfully my lawyer was able to unravel the misleading info, unqualified interviewers who led the kids on. Listening to the tapes was sickening as to the way they coached the kids to "remember" stuff that never happened.
DFACS put the whammy on my ex, told her they would take the kids from her if she ever pulled the stunt again.

Really opened my eyes.
That’s why I would advise no one ever take a child to a child psychologist.
My next-door neighbor’s family was destroyed by ’discovery of repressed memories’ of a 5 year old.

Sounds like something a draft dodger would say.
Jury duty of today is not about legal, law abiding citizens of age being selected to perform a public duty as the only requirement. It is ALL about exclusion of certain people who prosecutors and defending attorneys feel their 'case' would be weakened or bolstered.

It is also about diversity, equity and inclusion and the juror selection game. And, in order to play that game, those who identify potential jurors have to select four or five times over those needed just to fit the kabuki theater. Many times, significantly inconveniencing that 'pool' to an extent that borders on outright abuse, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom