• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

John Wayne

I got to meet John Wayne and shake his hand when I was about 14. This would've been around 1973. He was in the area of Pine Mountain for a cattle convention, I think, (at Brae Tarn between Pine Mtn & Greenville?) and he came to Callaway Gardens. All I had for him to sign was a dollar bill. I had the dollar bill stuck right under his nose for him to grab next. He kept grabbing others to sign first so I kept it an inch from his nose. He looked and me and said, "Son, I'm gonna get to ya. I can't see these others, though, with you holding that there." Somewhere, somebody has got a dollar bill with John Wayne's signature on it. True story. Yeah, I was a knucklehead.

I got to meet John Wayne and shake his hand when I was about 14. This would've been around 1973. He was in the area of Pine Mountain for a cattle convention, I think, (at Brae Tarn between Pine Mtn & Greenville?) and he came to Callaway Gardens. All I had for him to sign was a dollar bill. I had the dollar bill stuck right under his nose for him to grab next. He kept grabbing others to sign first so I kept it an inch from his nose. He looked and me and said, "Son, I'm gonna get to ya. I can't see these others, though, with you holding that there." Somewhere, somebody has got a dollar bill with John Wayne's signature on it. True story. Yeah, I was a knucklehead.
I heard his voice reading that quote.

Anybody remember when the libs first tried to say he was gay based only on the fact that he and Cary Grant were friends?

Then they dig out some interview from 50 years ago and want to castigate him for “old fashioned” views.

Back
Top Bottom