• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jerry Tsai (recoil) resigns

Yeah looks like theyre getting left behind by quite a few companies as well..Magpul and HK have pretty much disowned them it sounds like

I doubt any of the companies that dumped their ads are going to just sign right up again.
I'm sure they will wait and see what the next editor has to say.
I hope they have some money put back, because it could be a few months before they get the big names back.

Yeah looks like theyre getting left behind by quite a few companies as well..Magpul and HK have pretty much disowned them it sounds like

I don't blame any of their advertisers for pulling out, but H&K especially should take issue with them since Mr Tsai since he tried to use H&K as his own personal scape goat. Good luck to Jerry Tsai where ever he lands, so long as it is not at a gun magazine.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/09/foghorn/hk-hangs-recoil-magazine-out-to-dry/

What I found interesting is HK deciding to not make a semi auto version of the MP7 in 4.6 mm because it didn't have enough appeal. I think something that could be taken away from all of this is a semi auto MP7 has plenty of appeal and if it were offered for sale I think people would be buying them up. The P90 is proof of concept.

I don't blame any of their advertisers for pulling out, but H&K especially should take issue with them since Mr Tsai since he tried to use H&K as his own personal scape goat. Good luck to Jerry Tsai where ever he lands, so long as it is not at a gun magazine.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/09/foghorn/hk-hangs-recoil-magazine-out-to-dry/

What I found interesting is HK deciding to not make a semi auto version of the MP7 in 4.6 mm because it didn't have enough appeal. I think something that could be taken away from all of this is a semi auto MP7 has plenty of appeal and if it were offered for sale I think people would be buying them up. The P90 is proof of concept.

Yep, btw, I sent Mr Tsai a note to let him know that People magazine was looking for an editor.... figured that was more his speed. And, yeah, I think they could sell a crapload of MP7s if they decided to price a gun in the "reasonable" price range (I know that is not H&K's thing)

ya but the p90 also shoots the same round that the 5-7 does, as well as being available in the AR platform

the mp7 would but ungodly expensive (because, thats what HK does) and it would be the only gun to shoot it. only people who would get them are the stupid rich, i dont see the point in HK offering it

ya but the p90 also shoots the same round that the 5-7 does, as well as being available in the AR platform

The 5.7X28 AR's did not come out until long after..years after both the FN Five Seven and the P90 had been available to the civilian market. The Five Seven pistol has not been anywhere near as successful as the P90 has in regards to sales either. The 5.7X28 round is a success because of the P90 and the P90 is a success not because of the Five Seven pistol and not because of the AR hybrids that came later. The P90 has done and continues to do very well and it is essentially exactly what the MP7 is, a PDW. People like the concept of a compact, small caliber PDW. This is why the P90 will continue to do well it is also why so many people were clamoring for the Kel Tec PMR carbine and it is why people continue to hound KAC to make their PDW. A semi-auto civilian version of the MP7 would sell like mad. Despite the inevitable H&K price tag and the initial ammo cost. As it us you have people spending thousands of dollars to build HK UMP's and MP5's from part kits just to get their hands on what they want. I don't think the price would be that high, no more than an FN SCAR or Bushmaster ACR. You don't have to be super rich to own those. Cost isn't really that big of a hurdle if someone wants something bad enough.

Last edited:

the mp7 would but ungodly expensive (because, thats what HK does) and it would be the only gun to shoot it. only people who would get them are the stupid rich, i dont see the point in HK offering it

The MP7 and P90 don't fire the same round.
MP7 4.6mm
P90 5.7mm

Back
Top Bottom