• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jennings 22 Automatic***Found***

Quigley Down Yunder

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Hello ODT Friends,

Looking to replace something with no monetary value but endless sentimental value for my wife. Her beloved grandfather had what she described as a shiny thing in blue cardboard box that he kept beside his favorite chair forever... well long story short, he passed and the family swooped in as families do and this piece of her childhood was sold, stolen or tossed out, who knows? At any rate, I would love to find her one and surprise her with a little something that she can remember her pap paw with. Photo attached is the best I have been able to tell from family that it was most similar to.

I can say that she will never fire it, carry it or take it out to play with until she’s in the mood to remember the good ole days. Thanks in advance everyone.

Last thing is the blue box is a must have since that’s where all of the stories begin.

Attachments

• 144E820F-804E-44B2-96FE-D5CBEBE0ED50.png
    144E820F-804E-44B2-96FE-D5CBEBE0ED50.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 32
They came in Chrome, Nickel and Black.

I purchased this one new in I believe the late 80's. The wife shot it a few times until the slide pinched her hand. I cleaned it and put it back into the little blue box and into the safe it went. She carried a pink Taurus 380 for years but her favorite now is a SIG 238. If seeing this simple blue box can bring a smile and a happy memory to your family then that is where it needs to be.
PM with a reasonable offer and it is yours.

They came in Chrome, Nickel and Black.

I purchased this one new in I believe the late 80's. The wife shot it a few times until the slide pinched her hand. I cleaned it and put it back into the little blue box and into the safe it went. She carried a pink Taurus 380 for years but her favorite now is a SIG 238. If seeing this simple blue box can bring a smile and a happy memory to your family then that is where it needs to be.
PM with a reasonable offer and it is yours.
That is an awesome gesture and I am truly grateful. I will be in touch soon.

Made me think, my mom bought me and my brother one exactly like you are talking about in the 80’s also her one. We would shoot and have fun together with them. Mine is chrome with the white grips ( real pearl I’m sure) and still have the blue box. For a cheap little gun it’s worth a fortune to my mind. I relate to your wife’s memories

Back
Top Bottom