• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jeep People...WTF!?

My daddy used to see "if it makes you happy it tickles the $h** out of me".
As long as Im not asked to pay for it and it doesnt endanger me if folks want to put ducks or not put ducks, jack it up or not jack it up, off road or mall crawl it doesnt matter to me. Its funny we scream freedom and hard work and them complain about things that dont matter and criticize folks for spending their hard earned money.

For the record I have a 97 wrangler, its never been to the mall, is rhino lined and hasnt had a top in years and has never gotten a duck and Im ok with that.

My favorite was a 77 CJ5 with a 304 and a little extra performance thrown in.
I have a friend who had a CJ with a GM stroker motor and that thing was stupid scary. We had a ball and its one of the many reasons we should be dead but those were great years, at least what I remember

As long as Im not asked to pay for it and it doesnt endanger me if folks want to put ducks or not put ducks, jack it up or not jack it up, off road or mall crawl it doesnt matter to me. Its funny we scream freedom and hard work and them complain about things that dont matter and criticize folks for spending their hard earned money.

For the record I have a 97 wrangler, its never been to the mall, is rhino lined and hasnt had a top in years and has never gotten a duck and Im ok with that.
We're all OK with that.

Since someone mentioned a Vega I'll have to tell you this story. Mid 1970s.. I'm heading down Ponce de Leon to a class when this douchebag made a left turn in front of me. Missing him I hit a pole totaling the car. Fortunately a young lady walking along the road witnessed the wreck. She was kinda cute and dressed in a very suggestive manner. Of course the douchebag kept going. I asked the girl if she would wait around for the police and make a statement. Just before the police arrived a fella walked up and started talking to the girl. Few minutes later a cab pulled up and the two left. The police arrived and started making their report. Fortunately the pair reappeared having concluded their business and the girl backed up my story. Interesting day.

I swear on my life...we are the conservative version liberals. Special snowflakes offended by everything.

Live and let live. Stupid jeeps with ducks on them offend you?

Excuse my french, but yall gay.

There's a difference between complaining and poking fun at someone. Hell, I'm sure folks make fun of me and my vehicles on occasion, I don't give a rat's ass, it's just good ol' fun. If one of my friends had a Jeep and the dash was lined with ducks, I'd give him grief over it just to get a rise out of him. No hate intended, just ribbin'

Like we didn't do stupid things in the past with cars?!? My first pseudo redneck Camaro had N50 15s on the rear and 185/70R14s on the fronts, all on slotted mags. I was all over the highway at anything over 50+! It was jacked up so high in the rear as to show off my $19.99 chrome rear end cover. The extended leaf spring rear shackles were screaming for mercy.

Wish I had pics of it to show ya, but my cell phone camera wasn't working too well back in 1984.

Yeah, this was a trend and we thought it was cool too.

View attachment 7152617View attachment 7152608
That's one way to do it. I actually have air shocks on my Monte Carlo

I swear on my life...we are the conservative version liberals. Special snowflakes offended by everything.

Live and let live. Stupid jeeps with ducks on them offend you?

Excuse my french, but yall gay.
I wouldn't call it offensive. I WOULD call it predictable, cliche, trend slaves, sheeple etc. You can paint your whole car up with rainbow colored unicorns if you want to. It is YOUR car. It's just kinda tired and played out the way most Jeep people choose to "Accessorized" their Jeeps.

Back
Top Bottom