• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jeep experts, i need some help

leetheman81

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
165   0
Reaction score
Howdy ODT, need some advice on a new ride i picked up. Got a 2016(JK) jeep wrangler black bear edition that's bone stock minus an ARB bumper. Want to do a little lift to fit 35" tires or possibly 305's(33.9" roughly). Torn on what type of lift i should go with. Naturally i want to stick with the smooth stock ride but don't want to mess up the geometry too much. Should i simply add spacers to the coils, new coil lift or ________? Not opposed to adding new control arms but dont want control arm brackets to add a weak point to the system. It is 7 years old and has 105k miles so would i need to replace the ball joints while at it. Basically im pretty clueless but want to keep this thing running smooth for the next 10+ years. I do plan on adding a winch to the ARB bumper since its made for one. I feel like there are some Jeep guys here to help lead me in the right direction. All input/advice is appreciated. Feel free to PM or post opinions here in the thread.
Thanks ODT!!

Stay away from spacers if you want a smooth ride. With the ARB bumper, you’ll have to upgrade your springs even more so if you add a winch.

Look at Quadra tech and do a proper lift If you are going to lift it. Many different kits. I drive a 18 JK Sahara 2dr. No plans to lift. I do have some slightly oversized tires. But I’m a old guy and don’t care to go mudding just to have to fix stuff. Been there. Have fun and enjoy.

I have a 91 that’s lifted and a 2910 that’s not I’m in the old guy group now. I don’t think I will do anything other than tires to the 2010. I would find a shop that specializes in lifting Jeeps and tell them what you want because if you don’t know what you’re doing it can cause a lot of problems

I run a 2" JKS suspension lift with a 1" body lift on my TJ. Didn't have to change a thing with the geometry. JKS has some of the most complete kits available. Been very happy with them!

Back
Top Bottom