James Yeager gets his carry card yanked

Exactly!!!That is the point!!!!!! This whole thing isn't about taking our guns, it is about taking our RIGHTS THAT OUR ANCESTORS, PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, ETC. FOUGHT TO HAVE AND TO KEEP!!!! First it is the 2nd amendment, then the 1st, then the 4th, then the 3rd, when does it stop!!!! Damnit people wake the **** up. It is about our way of life, not an inanimate object.

You are right in every way with your statement. My problem with this is the same as if he were to yell "Fire!" in a crowded buildig, that is not covered by the 1st no more than a statement saying that you're going to start killing people is. Anyone so stupid as to put something out there like that is not someone that I would want fighting beside me in any way.

You can't just start saying that you're going to kill someone. This should be taken seriously, just like the signs that the crazies displayed before all of the mass shooting should have been taken more seriously.

Don't blame the gun, blame the fool shouting that he's going to start killing people. This is a perfect example of what I keep trying to teach my son, "It's not what you say that gets you in trouble, it's more how you say it." With a little thought he could have said the same thing without getting himself in trouble.

I've agreed with a lot of people on a subject while at the same time thinking "WOW what a idiot for saying it that way!". Saying that the government would have a very hard time enforcing tyranny on me without one heck of a fight would have been a much more productive statement.

Last edited:
I agree with your statement. That said neither you or I issued his permission the State did, and by thier rules, they get to decide. Looks like they decided.

It would also appear that there are avenues to appeal this process and some of them lie within his local county. The article pulled a statement out of context and that is obvious. I would like to see the video in its entirety. I hope that since Tennessee is a "Shall Issue" state that he would win in the end.

Luke

From what little I read in the TN code the State has final say in the matter, local rules take a back seat so to speak.Either way I suspect he was trying to get attention, free publicity. He got more than he bargained for perhaps?

From what little I read in the TN code the State has final say in the matter, local rules take a back seat so to speak.Either way I suspect he was trying to get attention, free publicity. He got more than he bargained for perhaps?

Possibly, but again.... as I read a more detailed article it only confirms my thoughts that his statements were directed toward those that would come to infringe upon his rights.

Luke

Well when you post on YouTube and Facebook that you are going start killing folks, you are bound to bring unwanted attention. Prudence should have been taken instead of allowing his emotion to take over before he opened his mouth.

Might be missing the larger point here. They revoked his "license" to carry concealed legally, in an effort to prevent him from illegally killing some folks.

Logic anyone?

Possibly, but again.... as I read a more detailed article it only confirms my thoughts that his statements were directed toward those that would come to infringe upon his rights.

Luke

Yes he was directing his statement to those who would take aways his rights. All he had to say was that he would defend his rights, but he gets a little carried away. Here is the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be missing the larger point here. They revoked his "license" to carry concealed legally, in an effort to prevent him from illegally killing some folks.

Logic anyone?

The revocation of his permit was punitive not preventative. No one actually believed this blowhard, but the State of Tennessee felt it was important to set a precedent. I'm not saying it was right.

Just when I thought I couldn't be more disappointed in my fellow Americans I log onto the ODT and find that expectations have been surpassed. In my opinion, all James Yeager is guilty of is a poor choice of words. As some have all ready pointed out, he has only stated in public that which many have thought in private. While he did have the brass to state it in public, he may very well be as cowardly as those that whisper it in private because like them he may not have the drive to act on it should an Executive Order be made and "the man comes looking".

I am glad that the majority of those coming down on this man for standing for his beliefs weren't around when those great men chose to stand against England, when those great southern men chose to stand against and overbearing federal government, etc. because we may not have experience the sense of freedom that we have. I feel so sorry for my grandchildren because unlike my grandparents, we have failed to preserve what they intrusted us with. We have let them down, because we would rather be comfortable, then free.

Luke

Back
Top Bottom