It's the good life.

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
I've ended a very productive night as all good nights should be ended. I lit up a nice CAO Criollo, chilled a generous portion of Glenfiddich 18 and took a walk on the beach.

How does everyone else wind down?

I locked the door at work, drove down to the gate, got out of the car and locked that as well. Got back in the car, turned the A/C on and drove the 20 or so miles home feeling the sweat on my shirt slowly turn to icewater. I pulled into my driveway, got out of the car into the sweltering humidity of a Georgia summer night and my glasses instantly fogged completely over. Looked over my frosted specs as I climbed the stairs in the dark to the door (then the light finally came on), fumbled with the keys and opened the door. Once inside the glasses finally cleared. Put my lunch left overs in the fridge and headed for the shower. Crawled into bed with my lightly droning I-do-NOT-snore wife and felt at peace with the world.

Man, I LOVE coming home after a long 16 hour day at work and laying down beside the woman I love in the house I work hard for and enjoy. Now I'm sipping a Bailey's Irish coffee and enjoying the first of 4 days off. It's no walk on the beach but it's full of simple pleasures and I love it.

Those simple things in life is what keeps most of us going......I know it does me. You are right, after a long night shift at work NOTHING beats coming home and crawling into bed next to the woman I love!!!!! Best feeling in the world!!!

Balvenie 30 Year or Johnnie Walker Blue. Neat also. Padron or Opus X. Sitting on the front porch with my 2 year old daughter running around laughing. Wife on the porch swing next to me. Blackberry on the charger on the other end of the house.

By the way, since I see you are from Savannah, I have enjoyed many a great night at the Irish Pub on the river slinging back Scotch and Guinness. There are a couple of nice cigar shops there as well. I like the one by the mall beter than the one on the river. Are there any beter ones for the next time I visit?

Coming home from work to my family, good home cooked meal, reading some of the funny stuff on here to forget the daily hassles, so I can start all over again tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom