Item Relisted! Temporary Store Policy To Address Covid-19 - Please Read

The not happy part

I purchased a Chiappa.22 pistol on Monday, get home and start shooting and is hitting really low. I read manual and learn front sight has to be filed (it is written in the manual) to make adjustment and then re blued. I did not know that or would not have purchased. I go back Saturday to see if they would file and re blue. I was told that was not true and if I wanted it filed I should take to a gunsmith. I asked about trading and was told about my options. It is my fault for purchasing and not knowing about having to file the site. That's on me.
Them not trying to be helpful is on them. I am old school and still believe in customer service although it rarely happens anymore.

Yeah... I mean, do they have a gunsmith on staff that works on guns?

That's kinda how "old school" single action revolvers tend to work. The sights are very crude and if they are off, they have to be modified to correct, as they are pretty much molded into the gun itself...

Yeah... I mean, do they have a gunsmith on staff that works on guns?

That's kinda how "old school" single action revolvers tend to work. The sights are very crude and if they are off, they have to be modified to correct, as they are pretty much molded into the gun itself...

They said they have files and bluing, not sure "gunsmith" is on staff, but they said they do make some repairs.

So, your beef with the dealer you bought the pistol from is that they won't take a return on a new and unbroken gun or offer high value on a trade-in of same because you failed to understand how that gun works or what you might have to do to get it sighted in?

This is why I could never work a gun counter. God bless them every one.

So, your beef with the dealer you bought the pistol from is that they won't take a return on a new and unbroken gun or offer high value on a trade-in of same because you failed to understand how that gun works or what you might have to do to get it sighted in?

This is why I could never work a gun counter. God bless them every one.

Not at all. Undoubtedly you didn't read my post. I said it is on me for not knowing.

I asked them if they would file the sights and reblue. They basically said I was crazy and that didn't need to be done, move closer to target. Take it to a gunsmith.

The not happy part

I purchased a Chiappa.22 pistol on Monday, get home and start shooting and is hitting really low. I read manual and learn front sight has to be filed (it is written in the manual) to make adjustment and then re blued. I did not know that or would not have purchased. I go back Saturday to see if they would file and re blue. I was told that was not true and if I wanted it filed I should take to a gunsmith. I asked about trading and was told about my options. It is my fault for purchasing and not knowing about having to file the site. That's on me.
Them not trying to be helpful is on them. I am old school and still believe in customer service although it rarely happens anymore.
Chiappa 22 pistols are all terrible. Get a ruger mk or browning buckmark and you'll have a much better time!

Back
Top Bottom