Item Relisted! Item Gone: FS Tony Kidd Custom 22 LR Semi-Auto with Walther Barrel, Fajen Legacy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
Reaction score
When I worked as a part time gunsmith I built this Tony Kidd custom 22 rifle. It has his forged aluminum, anodized receiver with integral Picatinny rail. It is the receiver with the tapered holes that match the taper head screws for his trigger assembly. It has his complete bolt assembly with extractor, firing pin, and springs. His charging assembly with oversize bolt handle, guide rod with 3 recoil springs, and his recoil buffer. He provided a Walther, 18-inch, octagonal, non-threaded bull barrel, that he milled a match grade chamber, extractor cut, target crown, and lapped the rifling. It's connected to the receiver using a Tactical Solutions V-Block barrel retainer with forged bolts. I installed his trigger assembly, held precisely in place by his taper head screws. He set the trigger release weight at 2 pounds. I mounted the barreled action in a right handed Fajen Legacy 4-way, black synthetic thumbhole stock. It's adjustable for comb height, and length of pull. Also, the buttpad can be raised up and down, or pitched/yawed left or right for various shooting positions.

The picture was taken early after completion. I have since replaced the Nikon scope with a Vortex Diamondback 1-inch, 4-16X42 side focus with a fine BDC redicle. I used bulletproof Burris XTR rings. Those are extreme duty rings with 1/4 inch mounting bolts, and the caps have 6 screws each.

I have already sold most of the mags. I no longer have the 25 round mags, and only 2 of the 10 round mags left.

This highly accurate rimfire 22 LR only rifle will shoot 1-hole, 5-shot groups with quality target ammo such as Eley black box Match or Eley yellow box Target ammo. His charging assembly comes with 3 recoil springs. A lightweight spring for subsonic and match/target grade ammo, a medium spring for standard and high velocity ammo, and a strong spring for very high and hyper velocity ammo. This is a match grade rifle, so I've never installed any spring other than the light one, and only shot Eley target & match ammo in it.

I have over $1,565 in the build price of this gun with the scope & rings. I have shot it only at my home range. It's never left my property or used in any form of competition. It doesn't have sling studs, and it's not really a walk-around squirrel rifle, although I bet it'd be great for small game. It's been a safe queen as my eyes are getting bad and I don't do much shooting anymore.

This firearm is for sale for $1,000 cash FIRM in a face to face transaction in Blue Ridge, Georgia ONLY. I am a 74 year old disabled Vietnam vet and travel is a hardship for me. I will not deliver this firearm to any location other than Blue Ridge, GA. I will not accept any lower offers, so please do not make one. The gun is for sale only. I do not need any trades.

All communications will be by PM on the ODT. No phone calls or text messages until the day we meet to help with the location. And I won't hold the firearm while you go on vacation. Either buy it before you go, or wait until you return before contacting me.

The buyer needs to be a current Georgia resident with valid State issued I.D. Any potential buyer who contacts me about purchasing this firearm is certifying they can legally purchase a firearm in Georgia. The buyer releases the seller of all liabilities related to the purchase, possession, and use of this firearm.

Now that you've read my listing of this superior, accurate, custom made firearm, at $560+ less than the build price, you know you want it! Just put on a big smiley face :D and go talk to the wife!!!

Thanks for looking,

Rod

Attachments

• Kidd1022a.jpg
    Kidd1022a.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 6
  • Kidd1022b.jpg
    Kidd1022b.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Kidd1022UM22.jpg
    Kidd1022UM22.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6