Item Relisted! Item Gone: FS/FT Who's Been Married 30 plus Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 years. Early on, there were days I wanted to kill her and her me. Days I planned to divorce her the very second the kids were graduated. I toughed it out. She toughed it out. I remembered why I married in the first place. Found a way to compliment her everyday. Started to see her for the amazing woman she grew to be. Forgave her for being a bitch, forgave myself for being an asshole. Now, we very much love and adore each other. Not every day is perfect, but it’s a love story. We’ve been through so much together…what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and all, right? I wouldn’t trade her for all the money in the world! She’s the best thing that ever happened to me. Ever.

36 years for me. I had the kids got them both married off, saw her through her retirement as a teacher, paid off our house then left for my own sanity. I'm at peace now. Did my duty and staid in that situation until everyone was taken care of. Now it's my turn.
good luck. It takes a lot of guts to leave after 36 years......... I sort of envy you.

Well, the wife passed away last june , in aug we would have been married 69 years --
married 4 aug 53 hickam field territory of hawaii ---
it was mostly good --\

I was seaman 1st ( e3) making 99 /mo -- they took about 50 from that and gave her 137.50 -
i got an occaisonal 25 /mo flight pay -- oh yes plus commuted ration about 30 - got
our fist place was a small -- literally 10x20 apartment near wikiki at 60/mo --
after a few months got nha housing just outsidr hickam back gate - 1/2 a quonset hut with all utilities fo 27/mo
life was good ----

Well, the wife passed away last june , in aug we would have been married 69 years --
married 4 aug 53 hickam field territory of hawaii ---
it was mostly good --\

I was seaman 1st ( e3) making 99 /mo -- they took about 50 from that and gave her 137.50 -
i got an occaisonal 25 /mo flight pay -- oh yes plus commuted ration about 30 - got
our fist place was a small -- literally 10x20 apartment near wikiki at 60/mo --
after a few months got nha housing just outsidr hickam back gate - 1/2 a quonset hut with all utilities fo 27/mo
life was good ----
Sorry for your Loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom