Item Relisted! FT Extremely Rare Taurus 9MM

Mine was a PT99 I had on lay away forever. Looked likt the big version of this one. But yeah the compact versions are definitely hard to find these days.
It was my second pistol. My first semi-auto. I loved my PT99. I pawned it with my dad and when I went to get it back a couple of months later he couldn't find it. He had left it under the seat of a car he sold. Doh!

Thanks guys, it's a rare bird for sure! Surprised that there's been no Taurus haters to chime in yet!
Never been a Taurus hater. But to ME there are 2 different styles of Taurus guns. When they were cloning all metal guns like Beretta and Smith wheel guns they did a good job at a damn good price. But whe they ventured off into their own designs and polymer that's when the issues began popping up. I have the original Milenium 9mm most of which were recalled and replaced with the updated Pro model. All because some dumbasses couldn't figure out a manual up/down safety lever. But I dig mine. One of my favorites.

This generation Taurus PT-92 CS Compact was manufactured in Brazil on Beretta machinery, and there are some Beretta parts that were most likely used to make this gorgeous gun. After Beretta finished their contract with the Brazilian Govt. making military handguns, Taurus purchased the factory and all its inventory from Beretta. Since the patent expired on the Beretta 92’s, Taurus copied this model, except they made a change that Beretta owners had asked the Company to do for years - to put the safety/ decocker on the frame instead of the slide, and so was born the PT-92 Compact, in both blue / black finish, and stainless steel. (Slide only though). They were made in very limited quantities, sadly. The very first generation of this gun had a ‘safety only’, and not the safety / decocker as you see on Mike’s gun here.
Being the Beretta fanatic that I am, I hate to admit this, but if you fired this gun without seeing it was a Taurus, you’d swear you were shooting a Beretta 92F (or FS), and YES, they are that much alike - you’d never know the difference if you weren't told !! (God, but it almost hurt to say that).
You certainly won’t regret owning this gun, honestly !! (I’ve got 3 of them, in all the different finishes that Taurus had at the time. (I also have one with just the decocker). Oh, and it eats any Ammo you can throw at it, just like a Beretta does !!

This generation Taurus PT-92 CS Compact was manufactured in Brazil on Beretta machinery, and there are some Beretta parts that were most likely used to make this gorgeous gun. After Beretta finished their contract with the Brazilian Govt. making military handguns, Taurus purchased the factory and all its inventory from Beretta. Since the patent expired on the Beretta 92’s, Taurus copied this model, except they made a change that Beretta owners had asked the Company to do for years - to put the safety/ decocker on the frame instead of the slide, and so was born the PT-92 Compact, in both blue / black finish, and stainless steel. (Slide only though). They were made in very limited quantities, sadly. The very first generation of this gun had a ‘safety only’, and not the safety / decocker as you see on Mike’s gun here.
Being the Beretta fanatic that I am, I hate to admit this, but if you fired this gun without seeing it was a Taurus, you’d swear you were shooting a Beretta 92F (or FS), and YES, they are that much alike - you’d never know the difference if you weren't told !! (God, but it almost hurt to say that).
You certainly won’t regret owning this gun, honestly !! (I’ve got 3 of them, in all the different finishes that Taurus had at the time. (I also have one with just the decocker). Oh, and it eats any Ammo you can throw at it, just like a Beretta does !!
Exactly why I first stated that this beauty belongs in the "Unicorn" club......... thanks for the valuable info brother!!

Back
Top Bottom