• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! FS Winchester model 63

peterscottga

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
A family rifle we used to shoot mistletoe out of trees, long before we knew better. Been kept clean and safe in its' case. Time to find a new home. Upon further research, I've learned a thing or two and adjusted the price accordingly. Barrel is 23". It does not have the groove on the chamber housing (not correct term, sorry). This apparently means something. I understand this is a collector item and hope it goes to someone who will appreciate its' history.

Update 12/20/21.

Thanks to a couple of kind people who've taken the time to educate this novice gun seller . . . Apparently the Bill of Sale can be an objectional item, so will provide one upon request and provide only that buyer information requested.

Also, I've been informed I can ship out of state through something called an FFL. I'll be looking into this. BUT, if anyone can point me in the right near area code 30248, I'll be most greatfull.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_090415952.jpg
    IMG_20211120_090415952.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_20211120_090401284.jpg
    IMG_20211120_090401284.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_20211120_090345578.jpg
    IMG_20211120_090345578.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 484
Fine rifles, grooved receiver models were added towards the end of production and are more desirable. I have never seen a grooved one in person, I think only around 10k made.

If that was my family's rifle handed down through the years, I'd hang on to it.

The younger crowd doesnt appreciate guns like this, they see it as something to thread and hang a suppressor off of, maybe rattle can it also.

Good comments. I wish I had someone trust worthy to hand it down to, I don't, and I'm a bit past my expiration date. So I'm looking for a good home for this historical piece.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I get exited when I see these rifles. My dad gifted me one of these in the early 90s when I was a boy (I'm 35 now) for Christmas one year. I had no idea what was so special about it back then, when people would see it they'd immediately offer to buy it or either be amazed at the butt stock feed tube and how the action worked. Anyway good luck with your sale and sorry for the blabber. Here is my 1935 rifle (if I read the SN # correctly).

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpg
    IMG_3769.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 17
A family rifle we used to shoot mistletoe out of trees, long before we knew better. Been kept clean and safe in its' case. Time to find a new home. Upon further research, I've learned a thing or two and adjusted the price accordingly. Barrel is 23". It does not have the groove on the chamber housing (not correct term, sorry). This apparently means something. I understand this is a collector item and hope it goes to someone who will appreciate its' history.
I'm learning things here folks, so some clarifications. I'm in Georgia a state that doesn't require much. I have found a Georgia bill of sale form I'll use to protect both parties. I'll need a picture of a driver's license for age verification. I will need the buyers help and openness for us both. From my searching I've found I cannot sell out of state. I'm in Locust Grove, about 50 south of Atlanta. Any helpful information I'm not smart enough to ask will be greatly appreciated.

Very nice rifle. These old firearms need to be preserved. Hang tight and don't let it go cheap. I have a friend that owns a gun shop and gun auction business that can get the rifle seen by the right big spenders, example , gun Lovers in Texas and get you the most money for it. Let me know and I will connect you to him. Take care.

Very nice rifle. These old firearms need to be preserved. Hang tight and don't let it go cheap. I have a friend that owns a gun shop and gun auction business that can get the rifle seen by the right big spenders, example , gun Lovers in Texas and get you the most money for it. Let me know and I will connect you to him. Take care.
As a private seller I'm restricted to sell only in my state, Georgia. In Georgia, it's a piece of cake, buyer and seller meet, swap money for gun - done. Only issue is age which is solved with a driver's license.

As a private seller I'm restricted to sell only in my state, Georgia. In Georgia, it's a piece of cake, buyer and seller meet, swap money for gun - done. Only issue is age which is solved with a driver's license.
You can sell out of state….the gun needs to be shipped to a FFL from a licensed FFL.
IT is fairly easy…it is done all the time. Some folks do not want to mess with it and just want a FTF sale and be done.
The bill of sale thing may scare a few folks off…they do not want to have their info written down, do not want any kind of paper trail. It is perfectly legal to sell without a bill of sale . Perfectly fine that you want to LOOK at someones DL to verify age/residence but a lot of folks are paranoid about having their info written down.

It is that they do not wish to have that info out there where someone could easily decipher that this person at this address has guns that can be stolen - or some other nefarious issue.
This is completely your choice.

You have a nice rifle sir, Good luck with sale - free bump ! :)

John, it's not difficult to pick up on my being a total novice at this. I thank you for taking the time to educate me. I'll revise my post accordingly. Now I can research what an FFL is and have a talk with a couple of them.

Back
Top Bottom