• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Marlin Dark Series

Nope. They aren't.

Ruger has two 45-70s out under the Marlin name, but neither is a tactical lever like the Rem-Marlin 'Dark' series. Ruger has said that they will be coming out with a 30-30 and 35-Rem next, followed by the pistol calibers.

No indication that they will come with out with the 'Dark' series again and no reason to believe they will. They honestly didn't sell great so there's not a lot out there, especially in 45-70. I think most of the ones they sold were pistol caliber.

Don't get me wrong here, the price is probably pretty eye-watering for someone just looking for a tactical lever in 45-70. The Henry "X" series in that caliber runs about $1500 or so last time I looked and it's a very nice rifle.

But if you specifically want this gun your options are pretty limited, and capitalism rules.

Nope. They aren't.

Ruger has two 45-70s out under the Marlin name, but neither is a tactical lever like the Rem-Marlin 'Dark' series. Ruger has said that they will be coming out with a 30-30 and 35-Rem next, followed by the pistol calibers.

No indication that they will come with out with the 'Dark' series again and no reason to believe they will. They honestly didn't sell great so there's not a lot out there, especially in 45-70. I think most of the ones they sold were pistol caliber.

Don't get me wrong here, the price is probably pretty eye-watering for someone just looking for a tactical lever in 45-70. The Henry "X" series in that caliber runs about $1500 or so last time I looked and it's a very nice rifle.

But if you specifically want this gun your options are pretty limited, and capitalism rules.
Fortunately I have -0- desire for a tactical lever action but kudos to those who do. Whatever blows your dress up.

I went to a gun store by the name of Caliber in Alabama a few months back. I had no intentions of buying anything, but was curious what they had in their store. I was blown away at the quality of firearm, and accessories. The first thing we saw when walking through the door was a display case with custom, hand made ball point pins, a writing utensil! It was $10,000!!!!
When we picked our jaws up off of the floor, we made our way to the shotgun and rifle room, there were display cases full of custom 1911's, and shotguns made by Purdey. If you know anything about Purdey, then you know the quality of firearms they had. Every piece was art. My wife and I struck up a conversation with the guy behind the counter and he told us stories about the famous people that buy from them, some he knew, some he had no idea who they were until they left and was told who they were. His stories were entertaining to say the least. He knew we were not in the market for what they had, but treated us as if we were someone famous. It was one of the most pleasurable experiences I have ever had. Was their 1911's worth north of $4k? Not for my budget, but I can assure you, if I am ever in a position, I would happily spend my money there just because I was treated kindly. I would say 99.9% of those making rude comments would never say the things that are being said over the internet to a grown mans face. I never once told the guy behind the counter that his prices were to high. They were to high for ME, but not for Ronnie Dunn, yes that one, they were just right he bought more than just one. The gentleman thing to do was to look at the post, determine if you are going to make an offer/purchase it, then move on. When you tell people their "stuff" is to expensive, you are telling everyone else that you are: 1- broke, or 2- too cheap to make the purchase. Either way, it only makes you look bad. Let people decide for themselves if it suits them, or pony up the money! I can't wait to see the comments on this one! bah!

I would for a stainless Ruger Marlin. Actually less than half.
I would love to find one for 1200 bucks, please post in Steals and Deals when you find one because if you have used the internet lately they don’t exist at that price.

Attachments

• 6A2C9CDD-23AA-40A2-9947-4A138FAC52C7.png
    6A2C9CDD-23AA-40A2-9947-4A138FAC52C7.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 934D51DC-9896-4E26-A8A4-E02623253606.png
    934D51DC-9896-4E26-A8A4-E02623253606.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 5
Actually sir I stand corrected. Little over half. I paid 1299 for mine.

here was a recent one right here.

Back
Top Bottom